News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HERES LG Percy

Started by razgriz233, December 11, 2009, 04:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeldaTheSwordsman

alex wittman

they have one for thomas the tank engine, but pretty neat video of percy.

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

trainguy111

razgriz233

Bacchi23

Sweet! :D I've never seen Percy up close!! ;)
J.R.C.S

vic

COUPLER ALERT :o

As shipped Thomas items WILL NOT couple with LGB or other cars, the couplers are 1/2" too high, there are SPACERS shown in the video at 5:45 that must be attached to lower the coupler to LGB standard coupler height.
;D

thomasj219

Im taking those off all together and using their hooks and chains I purchased. Ill post pics ;) :D ;D
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Feel free. But those aren't automatic. The stock ones are, which is why I'm guessing most people will be keeping theirs on.

vic

Yep, Thomas et all too, Annie and Clarabell will get face-offed too as well as adding more common double bogies instead of the single axles which were kind off rarer for that type of car

The Chaz Storm

Very nice photo of the large scale Percy!  As much as I'd like to get the large scale range (and other models besides TTTE) they are way too expensive for me to afford.  :-\  I'm gonna stick to HO unless someone wants to be really nice to me this Christmas or my birthday (which is in another eight months...).

They are nice models all the same though! :)

vic

Link to thread of Percy's Face-ectomy and relacement with proper smokebox door in the large scale forum:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,11589.0.html

vic

IF anyone is interested the de-Percification process is complete and  successfull resulting is a decent looking Avonside 0-4-0 ST. :o

Follow the above link to view the process.

I have to say I'm very happy B-mann came out with these, as I have been waiting affordable British profile stock since the day I started

For those who cant stand the thought of seeing their beloved Percy taken apart, I'll spare you the gory details, heres the final results:

Now for new nameplates, I'm thinking Keats or Tolkien...

Michigan Railfan

Wow. I love the red side rods. Who makes those?