News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Some Smoke Probs ???

Started by Bacchi23, December 12, 2009, 01:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacchi23

OK. I just got a Bachmann James from a hobby shop. Worked fine for the first couple of weeks. Now, whenever I use him, Smoke WHOOSHES out of the wheels. But he dosen't stop! Is, this a problem, or is this a magical discovery?  :D

Bacchi23
J.R.C.S

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

StanierJack

Quote from: shining time on December 12, 2009, 10:25:50 AM
a problem !!!!!!!

Way to go, Captain Obvious.

I'd say take it back to the Hobby Shop.

Failing that, send it direct to Bachmann.

James The Red Engine

Bacchi23

Hehe! Thanks! I took it back, a turns out, everything is in good order, and there's nothing to worry about! ;D Put I'm still not sure :-\ He still runs fine, but, still, the WHOOSH of smoke still occurs evey time I use him. ???
J.R.C.S

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Bacchi23

Sorry, but I tried that and all the other engines work fine. The Smoke is like, blackish! :-\
J.R.C.S

James The Red Engine

If you send it to me I could take a look at it for you.  Might just be able to put another James motor in it for ya. ;)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: James The Red Engine on December 26, 2009, 11:16:11 PM
If you send it to me I could take a look at it for you.  Might just be able to put another James motor in it for ya. ;)
This seems more like a job for Bachmann to do.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Depending on location, having this guy do it might be cheaper and/or quicker. Check James very thoroughly for anything that shouldn't be there. And check to see if he's missing any insulators anywhere. Use the assembly diagram that came with him to make sure everything's the way it should be.

James The Red Engine

I've taken apart 3 James models before and let me just say it's very hard.  I've managed to take them apart and put them back together and the results are excellent!  Just need to understand not to force the models apart.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 27, 2009, 10:40:31 AM
Depending on location, having this guy do it might be cheaper and/or quicker. Check James very thoroughly for anything that shouldn't be there. And check to see if he's missing any insulators anywhere. Use the assembly diagram that came with him to make sure everything's the way it should be.
It'd be better to leave it to the professionals/actual companies than random people on the internet...

kman781

Had a similar problem with Gordon a couple of years back. One day he just moved really slowly when the trottle was max out and started to smoke a bit. Turns it it was most likely a short circuit or something. I was advised to send it to Bachmann service dept. which I did and got a replacement for a small price compared to having to buy another engine : )

Bacchi23

Thanks for your advice guys, But I do not feel sucure sending my only James overseas. :D I checked the manual and the model, there is 2 little holes secure by a nut in his motor on both sides, in between his wheels. ???

I can't send pics since i forgot to ask santa for a new camera >:(
J.R.C.S