News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Table split hardware

Started by John Honeck Sr, December 13, 2009, 03:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Honeck Sr

I am building a layout where my table will have 3 splits. I want to make connections between the splits. Is there hardware to connect the tracks at the splits and also the wiring, with connectors, under the table. Thank you in advance for any answers given.

hotrainlover

You could use "Quick" connects.  The modular clubs use them for their modules to connect with any other module. 

jward

i have always used connectors from radio shack for the wiring. they come in configurations up to 12 pins, which should be enough for your layout.

as for track, the easiest way to connect the two tables is to run you track up to 4 1/2" of the table edge, on each side of the split. a standard 9" straight will then fit across the gap.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jim Banner

If you only have to split the table occasionally, then standard lengths of track as joiners is easy to build initially and reasonably quick to do every time you set the table back up.

If you were doing this on a layout that required frequent moves, such as a club layout that had to be set up every club night or every time it was taken to a show, there are faster alternatives for set up and take down, but they are more difficult to build.  The best systems for this use have no track joiners and built in plugs that engage automatically.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

John Honeck Sr

A "quick connect" used by club's moving there layouts around, where can I find these, for tracks not wiring. Thanks again.