News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On-Line Manuals

Started by calenelson, December 14, 2009, 01:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calenelson

Merry Christmas Bach-Man!

was thinking over the weekend how nice it would be to have the Big Hauler Manual posted here on the site for those who may have needs or questions.  Looks like there were at least 2 request for some "manual" help since Friday.

I appreciate the Diagrams in the Reference guide, and believe the manual to at least the BH would be a nice addition.

cale

Loco Bill

Merry Christmas Bach-man!!   I couldn't agree more with Cale on this one!!   The FAQ for large Scale has nothing in it as well.   The Big Hauler 4-6-0 was and is still the single largest selling large scale locomotive ever produced.   There are always questions about the smoke and how do you turn on the sound as well as lube instructions, track connectors etc etc. 

Tell me who to contact and I will be glad to help with the project,  I'm sure JD and Joe and others would pitch in as well. 

Merry Christmas to all whom read this as well!!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

kettle valley

And a Mery Christmasto you Loco Bill,,,,
Could not agree with you more too!!!! and Cale who suggested it!!!!
Just about everything I have bought from toasters to stereos was able to go on-line and down load a manual for that specific brand and model number. One example, was visiting my son-inlaw this  past summer and he gave me a car am/fm cd player for our travel trailer albeit no manual and installation instructions. Within 2 minutes on-line was able to get all instructions and manual and print it out. And this unit had to be at least 6-8 years old.
Just my 2 cents worth,  Randy

the Bach-man

Dear All,
That's a good idea. I'll pass it along.
Merry Christmas to you, too!
the Bach-man

calenelson

this link would be helpful as well...didn't think about it over the weekend, but it hit me last night! 

http://www.youtube.com/user/bachmanntrains

cale

jsmvmd

Dear Cale,

Great Link !  Thanks a million !

Best Wishes and Merry Christmas.

Jack in Altoona, PA

bbenardo

Happy Holidays Bach-Man
I need to look at a manual ,or a drawing of parts breakdown for a big hauler locomotive to do some maintance on it. If a manual came with the unit I did not get one. Can anyone advise?
I agree with all the others that a parts breakdown manual for all Bachmann locomotives,trollies,ect should be available on this website.
Thank's  Bruce Benardo

kettle valley

Bruce,
Go to the left side of the page, click product reference and scroll down to large scale. There you will find parts diagrams. BUT no manuals!!!!!
Randy

Bucksco

Can't promise anything but I'll see if we can work on getting the manuals uploaded to the reference section.

Loco Bill

Hi. Jack That is great!!  Hope it works out as it will save us Bachamnn Supporters a lot of typing time!!

Regards,
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Bucksco

A pdf of the Big Hauler instruction manual is now available in the product reference section of the website.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/Big_Hauler_Instructions.pdf

Jon D. Miller

Jack,
Now That's The Way To Run A Railroad!

As Loco Bill said, it will save us a lot of typing and picture taking to answer the same questions over and over.

Thanks. 8)

One ot the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)