Bachman Big Hauler Thunderbolt Express #90011 - Please help!

Started by irk23, December 15, 2009, 12:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irk23

Hi there:  We found a "Bachman Big Hauler Thunderbolt Express" train set, Item #90011, in my mom's garage.  The set appears to be fully contained and with no wear and tear. We'd like to get it up and running.  But it's missing two  critical items: a) a manual and b) a power source.  There are 2 things that appear to be "track power terminal clips" but there's no power source/transformer/connector -thing.  There's also no power wires or anything like that..to connect the track to a power source. 
We're seeking advice on how to get this train up and running..i.e, what parts do we need to order, etc.
More info from the box:
"complete ready-to-run electric train set"
"authentic 4-6-0 steam engine with electronic steam sound, realistic smoke and operating headlight"
"authentic 'g' scale-compatible with all popular brands"
There's a price tag from Toys rUs and I'm guessing it was purchased between 1990-1998.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

Liz

Loco Bill

Liz,

The best recommendation I can give is for you to take the terminal strip to your local hobby shop.  They will be able to recommend a power pack that will work with it.

You can check ebay, many sellers sell power packs, and or powerpack /track combos at reasonable prices.

You can call Bachmann Service and tell them that you have the older set , they may be able to help, even tho you set is from 1989.  The number is 215-533-1600 ask for parts or service department.  This is the worst time of year to contact them as they are very busy.

If you need it by christmas the first recommendatio offers the best chance for success.

Enjoy your train!!

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Barry BBT

I just offered to send another guy a Bachmann big Hauler transformer, new never been used.  I can make the same offer to you.   $10.00 Total.

Barry - BBT

623-936-6088.
There are no dumb questions.

calenelson

Quote from: irk23 on December 15, 2009, 12:33:41 AM

...There's a price tag from Toys rUs and I'm guessing it was purchased between 1990-1998...

Wouldn't it be cool to find quality Large Scale Trains at TrU nowadays!

gunrunner

does the box for your thunderbolt set refer to "as seen on tv"
for how much $$$