News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann heavyweight coach still available?

Started by chrismears, December 16, 2009, 01:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrismears

I'm planning on using these coaches as the backbone of my fleet on my little N scale 1970's commuter railway. I assumed they were still in production but after trolling around on the internet I see perhaps they are not. The cars I am thinking about are similar to the one in this picture on Jerry Laboda's N scale passenger cars site:
link to picture of the car

Just curious, are these still in production or should I be keeping my eyes open on the used lists?

Thanks
Chris

mhampton

It doesn't look like any heavyweights are available from Bachmann any more.  Con-Cor and Micro Trains have them, though.  Train shows and auction sites may be your only options if you specifically want the Bachmann cars.

ABC

chrismears

I am particularly interested in the Bachmann cars. To my eyes they make a pretty good stand-in for the MP54 and P54 coaches I really need and will be playing that role on my layout until I can amass a large enough fleet of the correct cars.

I've seen them on ebay but was just wondering if they were in fact still in production.

/chris

ABC

Quote from: chrismears on December 16, 2009, 07:59:48 PM
I've seen them on ebay but was just wondering if they were in fact still in production.
No they are no longer in production and I highly doubt that any parts would be available.