News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

QUESTIONS FOR MR. RILEY AND THE BACH MAN

Started by CG04, December 14, 2009, 11:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CG04

Question # 1:  What are the colors used on your HO scale Southern Pacific Daylight GS4 (4-8-4)  steam locomotive #4449?  Mine is in dire need of refurbishing.

Question # 2:   Does Bachmann have any plans to produce the passenger cars
that the afore mentioned loco would have pulled???

Clif

the Bach-man

Dear Clif,
The colors are mixed at our factory from original paint chips. I believe Scalecote and Floquil have SP colors.
No new passenger cars have been announced.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

CG04

Thanks for the quick reply Bach Man.  Sorry to hear about "no" passenger car announcements though.  It's a shame to have the beautiful GS4 and nothing for her to pull.

Clif

Jhanecker2

CG04 : Heavy Weight Passenger Cars are what you need . Bachmann is supposed to be refurbishing or making new molds for their passenger cars .  Until then , Walthers & others make approriate cars for your engine .

CG04

Jhanecker,

Thanks for the info.  I will check out Walthers and others.  I was wanting Bachmann cars because I figured the colors would probably match the loco more closely if made by the same company.

Clif

CG04

Another question for the Board.

Who knows what diesel (s)  pulled the Southern Pacific Daylight passenger cars after the steam engines were out of service ???  By some of the old pictures I've seen, I can't tell.

Thanks,

Clif

Michigan Railfan

Quote from: CG04 on December 15, 2009, 01:07:55 PM

Who knows what diesel (s)  pulled the Southern Pacific Daylight passenger cars after the steam engines were out of service ???  By some of the old pictures I've seen, I can't tell.

Thanks,

Clif

I'm pretty sure some F9's (or F7's) pulled the SP train. I'm not completely sure though.

ABC

Quote from: CG04 on December 15, 2009, 01:07:55 PM
Alco PA1s, I think

jward

southern pacific's passenger diesels were mainly alco pa1s and pa2s, and various emd e units. they also had a few emd fp7s, but most photos show the long distance trains hauled by the pa's and e units.

other locomotives sp had were also equipped with boilers for train heat and could have pinch hit for the regular power in an emergency. these would include about a dozen gp9s, and 16 fairbanks morse train masters.

of the above locomotives, i believe only the pa's and e units wore daylight colours.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

CG04

Thanks to everyone for the responses and especially JWARD.

PA's and E units with Daylight Colors is the answer I was looking for.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Ya'll don't know me too well, but I feel like I know you all.  I'm on here reading
your posts every day and learning probably more than I want.

Clif