News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

1st post

Started by 99igor, December 15, 2009, 11:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

99igor

Yep I am new here. I am 62 YO. I have a lot of hobbies including wood working, riding my motorcycle and modifying it. I have traveled for a living and now I just work a steady job in the computer industry.

I purchased my large scale train a few years ago. I purchased from Sam's Club and have since upgraded the power supply and added a bunch of track. It is the Royal Blue Line with a B&O Loco.

It is usually set up around Christmas time for me, the kids and grand kids to enjoy.

The last time I had it set up I noticed that one of the two interior lights was out. (The mail car). I disassembled the car and found that the bulb was very small and it didn't look like you could replace the bulb very easily.

Is that true? Or does the bulb just unplug so you can replace it? Or do I need to completely re wire the bulb?

Thanks for you help in advance.

BTW the original power pack was totally inadequate for the train and would shut off with in a few minutes. I replaced it with a MRC Control Master 20 that is a much more substantial unit and now the train will run as long as I let it. I really like the features it has.

RickB

the Bach-man

Dear 99,
You should be able to get a new bulb from the service department.
Happy Holidays!
the Bach-man