News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

? Bach-Man

Started by rick1127, December 16, 2009, 12:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick1127

You show in your product list a part number 44592, my local hobby shop has been trying to find this for two (2) weeks.  Is it not out yet?
Rick Cohoon
Cape Cod MA.
Rick.Cohoon@comcast.net

the Bach-man

Dear Rick,
I'll see what I can find out.
Happy Holidays!
the Bach-man

rich1998

i just looked at walther's. not in stock. many lhs order from walther's. i know my lhs does.
lex

TrainArts

I ordered one of these just a couple weeks ago from modeltrainstuff.com.

https://www.modeltrainstuff.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BAC-44592

Unfortunately, they now show 0 in stock. Keep checking this site or call them, they should get it back in stock.

rick1127

Ok so basically anit nobody got any.  ???  Might be time to rethink my lay out, cause the gap thought small is a problem.  I have tried spreading the gap across several connection but hat only works for a little bit.  Virabtion and what not eventually causes a problem.
Rick Cohoon
Cape Cod MA.
Rick.Cohoon@comcast.net

TrainArts

Quote from: rick1127 on December 17, 2009, 08:13:40 PM
Ok so basically anit nobody got any.  ???  Might be time to rethink my lay out, cause the gap thought small is a problem.  I have tried spreading the gap across several connection but hat only works for a little bit.  Virabtion and what not eventually causes a problem.

If you're pretty well set on this layout and just one piece of track will make a big difference, I'd think about sending you one, maybe in the future you could return it from a new 44592 set. Looks like those sets aren't expected until March-April, I was lucky to get it when I did.

How big is the gap, I could spare a 3/4" or 1" piece. Let me know here or email jim<atsign>virginiaandtruckeerailway.com

Joe Satnik

Dear Rick,

You will have to cut track anyway to get the smaller fitters in that package to work.  (Oops on Bachmann's part.)

In the mean time, you can fill gaps using a "differential" method if you have enough room to expand your layout a little.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,8036.0.html

For example,  3" -  2.25" = 3/4"

Max gap = 3/4" if no 2" straights available.

Max gap = 1/4" if 2" straights available.

FT2"S

(Free the 2" Straights !)

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

TrainArts

Quote from: Joe Satnik on December 18, 2009, 08:55:00 AM

You will have to cut track anyway to get the smaller fitters in that package to work.  (Oops on Bachmann's part.)

(Free the 2" Straights !)

Yeah, that's funny, the 3/4" pieces are shorter than the part that extends out of the track! Gotta love that Chinese engineering! (no offense to China)

Jim