News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

WANTED: Ridgeway Spark Arrestor

Started by SideTracked, December 16, 2009, 09:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SideTracked

I was pretty proud of the brass Ridgeway spark arrestor I scratch built for my 2-6-0. That was until I saw a commercial one on an e-Bay loco. I asked the seller where he got the C & S style bear trap; but, he didn't remember. I've seen a similar item in cast brass, but it was in HO.

Anyone know where I might find a couple of Ridgeway spark arrestors in On30?

Are we having fun yet?

Tim

Precision Scale Co., Inc.

PCS-7512  W/stack

or

PCS-7511  for regular stack.

They will be cast brass.

http://www.precisionscaleco.com/

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

SideTracked

Are we having fun yet?

kcsivils

You can also obtain one from The Back Shop.  You can Google search and find the website that way.

I don't know why you want the casting - the one you built in the photos looks fine!

Kevin

I like the one that "The guys in the shop" hand built because you could not find one to purchase at the time. Use PSC for future jobs but I would keep #22 as it is. Wow, real screen not a solid cast representation.

SideTracked

Oops...
There's some confusion here, sorry. The OP pics are of the bear trap I spotted on e-Bay. It's what I'm trying to find. Below is my effort: Brass from shell casings and the screen from an old sink faucet aerator.

Are we having fun yet?

SideTracked

UPDATE

After going with Precision's version of the Ridgeway (the Back Shop didn't respond to my queries) I stumbled across some of the hinged versions. See eBay "On30 Bear Trap Mechanisms Brass, O Scale" item  #360230491924 (Closing Feb 05, 17:45:10  PST)

Bidding on this may be light because the seller didn't include such descriptors as Ridgeway, Spark Arrestor, Cinder Catcher, nor C & S. Prehaps I missed previous listings because I didn't think to look for mechanisms; but, I do recall searching for bear traps. If you're making your Bachmann 2-6-0 more like a C & S #22, this may be for you.
Are we having fun yet?

Royce Wilson

Wiseman model service also offers one. check out this site.  http//4largescale/com/Fletch/d/10.htm     numer 13 around 1922 would look good double heading with your 22. not sure if any of those engines had the snow plow except 9 and 10, but it looks good and it is advailable from PSC.
                                                                             Royce Wilson

Royce Wilson

sorry should read:

http://4largescale.com/fletch/d10.htm

also if you can locate any at train shows Xeodnon made the pancake stack like you see on 13 circa 1902 and the intertwined C&S is georgous on the cab.                                                                  Royce Wilson

Royce Wilson

The O scale(On3) intertwined C&S is advailable from Clover House decals, actually they are dry transfers which I pefer.

Royce