News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Casey Junior

Started by trainguy111, December 17, 2009, 09:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainguy111

One time, there was a Casey Jr. model made by Accucraft, of which only 800 were sold. Would i be possible for bachmann to make a G scale Casey Jr. Set?

StanierJack

Quote from: trainguy111 on December 17, 2009, 09:28:46 PM
One time, there was a Casey Jr. model made by Accucraft, of which only 800 were sold. Would i be possible for bachmann to make a G scale Casey Jr. Set?

Why? The market would be limited :S

vic

Unfortunatly they were only sold thru the Disney Store, whuch was dumb as these would have sold fairly well on the open market if there aftermarket demand is any indicator.

Unfortunatly these also were not the very best mechanicly, mine came with the siderods screwed down so tightly I destroyed the main gear the moment I turn on the power, luckily bot axles had gears on them so I just swapped them anfd loosened the rods. Its still not the best runner, noisy and choppy.

trainguy111

But if bachmann could make an HO Lilly Bell, they could also do Casey in G scale.

StanierJack

Quote from: trainguy111 on December 27, 2009, 11:57:57 AM
But if bachmann could make an HO Lilly Bell, they could also do Casey in G scale.

Lilly Bell?

trainguy111

I meant the Lilly Belle. Its in the HO carolwood pacific set.

vic

Quote from: trainguy111 on December 28, 2009, 07:56:32 AM
I meant the Lilly Belle. Its in the HO carolwood pacific set.

Theres a very big difference between the Lily Bell and Casey jr

While Bmann has an excellent G scale 440 that could easily be repainted into a Lily Bell model, first they would have to get a licensing agreement with Disnay and I think HLW which recently did a Lily Bell on thier 440 might still have that licensing agreement, plus those agreements tend to be expensive for the number of possible units they could sell.

Casey Jr would require entirely new molds and tooling, very expensive, plus said license agreement, and thier is the question of how many could they sell in the real world.

In my humble opinion a full Casy Jr train set with the cage cars, Calliope car, and caboose would do very well if issued as a limited edition set. But I dont have access to the marketing data Bmann has.

trainguy111

Remember accucraft? They made Casey.And some of their products are similar to Bachmann's.