Are any of the Circus 460's Anniversary Models?

Started by dbholc, February 11, 2011, 06:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbholc

Question:  Are any of the 460 Circus engines in the sets Anniversary Models of the Engine?  If so, what is the catalog number of the set (s) with the Circus 460's that are the Anniversary models? 

the Bach-man

Dear DB,
I don't believe so.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Sleeping Bear

I seem to remember reading on this board once that the engine in the starter sets is the standard 4-6-0 and that the "Annie" or Anniversary edition, 4-6-0 was only sold separately....I.E....on its own. But... I'll be @#&#@ if I can find the post it's in so I hear by step aside for Bill, and hope he can shed some Light on the truth, or lack there of , of my comments.   Take it away Bill    (no pressure).......Later All.....S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

Barry BBT

No Circus locos have been produced in any Circus livery.

However, I did convert two of the first Christmas Annies to 2-8-0 Circus locos, one is in CA and the other just north of Tucson.

They are both gorgeous.

Barry - BBT 
There are no dumb questions.

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi all, I have been  away for a few days and just saw this.

There were no Annies in Circus paint jobs either in a set or seperately, however there were circus 4-6-0' s which have the same great running version 5 chassis.

All 90020 Ringmaster sets made after 2000 do have the Version 5 chassis.  Set 90049 Bachmann Bros Big Top also had the version 5 chassis.  Any 4-6-0 lettered for Bachmann Bros Circus are all version 5.

I have actually seen an Emmit Kelley 4-6-0 on an Annie Chassis , but only because the owner swapped the less detailed EK shell onto a WP&Y Chassis.   ::)

Annies in sets are as follows:

Christmas Sets
90047 Wonderland Flyer  three versions Sam's Club 2004, Boscov's 2006 & Bachman's own issue in the catalog starting in 2007.
90051 North Star Express 2005
90054 Holiday Special 2006
and the:
WP&Y Set 90059 2007

Annies were made with both the Walshearts Valve gear and the simplified Stephenson valve gear.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!