News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

i need a track plan for a 5x7

Started by the nitro man, December 18, 2009, 09:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the nitro man

I'm getting ready to start on my first layout & i need some help. i have a space of 5' 6" by 7' 4". i thought about doing a double level with two tracks on bottom & three on top & the center cut out in case i ever need to reach the back side. i would do this with no turnouts at all, just five ovals of track. i would be able to run five trains at once this way, but I'm not sure how it would look.

what would you guys recommend? does anyone know of any sites that have track plane on them i could look at? i want at least two or three train operation at once.

i could go about 3'-4' longer, but i would have to be able to break it in half & pull it apart so i can reach a window (in case it ever needs cleaned or some type of maintenance. how is that done, & be able to align the tracks back together?

ABC

The only way I could see you fitting 5 is if you used 15" radius track inside of the 18" and 22" radius track outside of that. And then two ovals on top, but that leaves you little room for buildings and scenery. And you would be very limited as to what you could run on the 15" oval. I would go with two mainlines at first and if you acquire more space add another mainline, but in the end as long as it's good for you that's all that counts.