News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC controller

Started by kamerad47, October 15, 2009, 06:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamerad47

Has anybody have any experience with the dynamis controller? how does it compare with MRC? I'm looking for a controller with 28 function & wont break the bank!

/

ABC

I got my dynamis from the Favorite spot for $100 plus $15 S&H, and he's a factory authorized dealer, so if something were to happen I can send it in. I like mine, the only thing it can't do (at least with out the Pro Box) is read the decoder CV values. Otherwise its great, you can't beat the price for what you get. I don't have a Model Rectifier Corporation DCC system so I couldn't say how it compares, also MRC has several different controllers.
Also from the Dynamis user guide:
"Keypad for direct control of up to 21 functions, accessory hot keys and alpha numerical keypad for loco and accessory address entry.
Shift key to switch between the function keys operating F1 to F10 and F11 to F20.
In accessory mode, it sets function keys to be accessory hot keys."

mikec069

I do have a MRC controller.  I also had a dynamiss.  The MRC is similar in capabilities to the Dynamiss.  My particular model is wired, but wireless is available.  My layout room and setup made Dynamiss unfeasible.  I believe the MRC has a bit more power (translate amperage).  Can set loco addresses on both program and main lines.  User manual in sections on their site.  Recently updated it with instructions on how to program Bachmann DCC turnouts.
Granted MRC is a higherprice but does more than what I need right now.  And since it's wired, line-of-sight is not an issue for me.

Hope this helps

djp

I have the MRC Prodigy Express. Two words. Simply Awesome. Very easy to operate. Instructions are simple and are on the back of the controller. In the future you can upgrade to the Advance and wireless if you want to. Also one of the most impressive things about MRC, the service and support manager surfs this site and helps out with any problems you have. Gives his email address and telephone number too. Something i have yet to see other manufactures do. The Express costs $116. Few $ more than the Dynamis.
Get Off My Train !!!

Robertj668

kamerad47
What did you get.  I am looking at one too #3605 I found it for $140(Yes at the Favorite spot).  I was thinking of then eventually upgrade to the Pro #3608 for $240.  But the end price would be $380.  Now that puts it close to the DIGITRAX SUPER XTRA CHIEF STARTER SET 5 amp + PS at $399. Y es one is wireless and the other is wired.  But it is still close and I could do wireless one day with the Digitrax plus the Digitrax can run to trains independently

However, I can do it in steps.

Robert

jun_1.8T

Quote from: mikec069 on October 16, 2009, 09:36:01 AM
I do have a MRC controller.  I also had a dynamiss.  The MRC is similar in capabilities to the Dynamiss.  My particular model is wired, but wireless is available.  My layout room and setup made Dynamiss unfeasible.  I believe the MRC has a bit more power (translate amperage).  Can set loco addresses on both program and main lines.  User manual in sections on their site.  Recently updated it with instructions on how to program Bachmann DCC turnouts.
Granted MRC is a higherprice but does more than what I need right now.  And since it's wired, line-of-sight is not an issue for me.

Hope this helps

hi mike,
im thinking of buying either the MRC or the digitrax controller too. is it hard to program the EZ track DCC turnouts with those controllers??? whats involved in programming the turnouts to work with the MRC or Digitrax??

thanks!