News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Crossover-turnout tracks 44575/44576

Started by arbasu, December 19, 2009, 10:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arbasu

I am a newbie so pardon my silly questions...

I am trying to make two concentric oval with 2 loco's. But I also want to have crossovers so I can control them switching tracks. I plan to use 44575 and 44576 on the straight parts of the ovals. My question is when I switch them - does these 44575 and 44576 come with 2 switches each (one for each of the tracks)? Does that mean I need to throw 4 switches in all ?

full maxx

I got both of those for my sons track for Christmas and they have two switches each so there would be a total of four , I can't seem to find the thread but another member here suggested to splice the two on each together so one switch would throw both on the same crossover at the same time because both need to be thrown together
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

barrowsr

Hi,

The only danger I can think of if you connect the two loops with what amounts to a double crossover you may have a reverse loop situation.  That is also correctable with an automatic reversing module but over my head to explain how to wire it.  There are some electronic wizzards on this forum that I'm sure will jump in.

Good luck,

Robin

ABC

It doesn't sound like a reverse loop to me. You should be fine, unless you a cutting all the way across the layout with a crossover, but it doesn't sound like that from your explanation.

D.Harrison

Unless Bachmann has made a change in the design of their crossovers, 44575 and 44576 are for DCC layouts and not for DC layouts.  The reason they are for DCC layouts is that there are no isolation gaps in the crossover rails coming from one straight track to the other straight track.

David Harrison

en4cer

If you are thinking that a short circuit may result due to power routing turnouts then an easy solution would be to use plastic jointers on one end. You may have to have additional power terminals on the opposite end to complete the circuit, hard to tell without a layout diagram of your plan.

rick1127

There is a thread on this on the Geneeral Discussion Board started by me.  Find the thread titled Atlas -V- Bachmann EZ Track and in the middle this is discussed.  I am in the porocess of wiring three sets to one switch each.  So the matching crossovers will operate on one switch.  Hope this helps.

The short answer is yes you can, just make sure you wire carefully so they operate as you need.
Rick Cohoon
Cape Cod MA.
Rick.Cohoon@comcast.net

full maxx

I am assuming that if I go to dcc these will still work just not as dcc ...on a regular power supply seperate from the dcc controller
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

rick1127

Don't see why not.  Makes sense for a power view point.
Rick Cohoon
Cape Cod MA.
Rick.Cohoon@comcast.net

full maxx

I take it these work on 16 volts...since the controller has 16v connectors... would less work or what is the range (low-hi) that would operate them..the paper work that came with them says nothing about it

lwmlwm44

running dcc here and have 2 each of the crossover switches you are talking about.   I have 2 large ovals with a pair of crossovers connecting the 2 ovals where I can switch a train from one oval and back again.   I only need to switch the one switch and not worry about what position the other switch is in at anytime and have had no issues with derailments.   Just make sure that if you swtich from one oval to the other that the other switch is not in a position to take the  train back to the original oval right away

In the area where these switches are located they connected directly to one another and give them impession of a large double crossover.

Larry