News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

More 2-6-6-2 On30 Pictures

Started by Heave, December 20, 2009, 04:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

I have nine pix showing the size difference between the 2-6-6-2,  the 2-8-0, and the 4-6-0.   Here is one....

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ebtbob

More size comparison pix of the 2-6-6-2,  the 2-8-0,  and the 4-6-0
Look closely....there are three smoke stacks here.  The 2-6-6-2 is behind the 2-8-0 and the 4-6-0 is behind the 2-6-6-2

Here is a tender comparison,  the 2-6-6-2 on the left,  the 4-6-0 on the right

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Heave

I find it somewhat surprising that the 2-6-6-2 is runt of litter. What does it stack up next to a 4-4-0?

ksivils

With no knowledge of the railroad it was built for, my guess the track was built in a boggy, swampy area with light rail, no maintenance and a high need for really light axle loadings.  Thus, small locomotive with its weight spread out over a large number of axles.  Just a guess.

ebtbob

Heave,

The 2-6-6-2 dwarfs the 4-4-0.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Mike_AA9ZY

The more I look at the comparison pictures, I think the mallet is better suited to my layout than the 4-6-0.

My birthday (Jan 22) is coming up, so maybe the wife could get me that!

Heave

Hm.

I'm beginning to consider either the little runt climax or the 4-4-0 to go with the big runt mallet.

Heh.

jestor

Quote from: Heave on December 22, 2009, 12:57:32 PM
Hm.

I'm beginning to consider either the little runt climax or the 4-4-0 to go with the big runt mallet.

Heh.

There is a significant size difference between the IF 4-4-0 and the OF 4-4-0.

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

All my engine size comparison pix can be seen at my Flickr account.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress

Heave

Quote from: jestor on December 23, 2009, 12:38:45 AM
Quote from: Heave on December 22, 2009, 12:57:32 PM
Hm.

Heh.

There is a significant size difference between the IF 4-4-0 and the OF 4-4-0.

That is true. I think the IF is smaller than the OF one.

One must wonder if Bachmann just cranked out engines in On30 without regard to scaling to a 6 foot 1/48 human.

James Thomas

All the pictures I have seen posted by people that have the 2-6-6-2 are of unlettered locos.  Are the lettered and numbered ones available now?

Thanks,
JRT

JohnR

As disproportionate as they may seem, all of the Bachmann engines are in O scale.   They aren't random boilers and cabs dropped onto HO drivers.   If you could place the 1:1 locos side by side as in the photos above, they would look just as awkwardly proportioned.

-John

Jack Johnson

James,

The 2-6-6-2's are available in the different road names. I got my Midwest Mining 2-6-6-2 two weeks ago. The Favorite Spot Store on Ebay has them all. They are gone for the holidays but will be back on January 4th. I think their sound equipped 2-6-6-2's are $305 plus $12 shipping. Hope this helps.

Jack

BKJ

QuoteThere is a significant size difference between the IF 4-4-0 and the OF 4-4-0.

Does anyone have a side by side comparison photo of the IF & OF models?

I would like to see the differences.

Thanks,

Bruce