News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis DCC

Started by oldgloryusa, December 20, 2009, 09:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgloryusa

Has anyone had problems with the handset communicating with the base set? I have and can't get them to work. Have 2 of these for different room layouts.
I've done a master reset made sure the base was set at 0 Still will not work. I did get it to try and work when they were a foot apart but still no luck. I opened up a new set and it don't work.
Anyone have a answer. Would really like some help with this one.

Jim Banner

Just a long shot, but did you remember to put a set of fresh alkaline batteries in the handset?

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

daveb

Another long shot, the handset takes a total of 4 AAA batteries but in two separate compartments. Have you checked both?

Dave

oldgloryusa

Yes all batteries are in but they will not communicate.
Thanks, Glen

yachtjim

I am having the same problem.  Mine worked OK for a few days.  Its a brand new unit.  During those first few days it would often get a weak signal though.  Now I can't get it to connect at all. Every now and again the signal will go up to max for a second or two, otherwise it has no bars.  I am in a 10X13 room with basically nothing in it but me and the dynamis system. No walls or partitions or anything.  Won't work at 1', won't work at 10'.   I put a call into Bachman, finally ended up with somebodys's voicemail "This is Rodney, leave a message".  Not too inspiring, I hope he calls me back lol

tiz

I posted some time ago a topic "Dynamis on and off". My problem is that sometimes ( mostly when I move and disconnect the set ) base unit ( with IR receiver) doesn't have communication with the hand unit. I am suspecting problem is  in power supply, but receiver unit can be the cause. In my case, if unit decides not to work that day, left LED is blinking and there is no communication. After some time disconnected unit starts  connected) with with both LEDs flashing and I know that will result in communication with hand unit. That can work for days. In your case can be defective base unit, but you can check the connection IR receiver- base unit, is it every pin in the socket? Do you have both LEDs flashing or just one? Do you have proper initialization on hand unit- all signs ON and then stop on the top?
I will post my findings when I do some check with the oscilloscope. Easiest way is what Mr Bach-Man suggested to borrow the parts from  friend (if any around with this system). It looks your hand unit is not the problem, probably swap of the base unit would show difference. It applies to me, also.
Good luck and please post if you get something from the Tech. Support.

Regards, Zdenko

yachtjim

Tech support never got back to me so I bought a Digitrax system after work.  Have played with it the last few hours and its pretty awesome.  I am going to send the Dynamis system back.