News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum DDA40X UP Centenniel

Started by chuff_n_puff, April 21, 2007, 04:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuff_n_puff

Bach Man, was the last DD40 Bachmann made, which was in Spectrum, a better quality built DD40 than the older versions, which were just regular Bachmann's? Like better motors, drive train, etc, or was it just the same technology in a different box?

r0bert

If you buy one, get the one in the black spectrum box, avoid the ones in the white window box!!!,
There are several on eBay right now.

lanny

In my 'experience', anything 'Spectrum' is better quality and detail than standard Bachmann products. I suppose it the same with standard Life Like in comparison to Proto 1K or 2K items.

If you go 'eBay' to get one ... really check it out carefully ... ask lots questions of the seller to satisfy yourself that it is a problem free model!

Those locomotives are really 'big'! Hope you get what you are looking for!

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

chuff_n_puff

There were not several "Spectrums" on eBay, only one, and it went for $300! It looks like to me Bachmann would put these DDA40X Spectrums back in production, in HO scale. If they would come out with a DCC model, they could clean up!

r0bert

there are two undecs in eBay stores right now.

chuff_n_puff

Robert, Thanks a bunch, as I overlooked these. I bought one, as I wanted an undecorated one to start with.