News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EBT steel boxcars

Started by Maine 2 Foot, April 21, 2007, 06:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine 2 Foot

I want to see this model in 1:20.3 to go along with the hoppers. Mr. Bach-man, what is the possibility of this? Anyone else love the looks of these boxcars as much as I do?

Vince  :)

ebtbob

Vince,

I love the looks of the EBT steel boxcars and would love to see them in On30 along with the caboose that already exists in large scale.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Old Iron

Take a look at this article on Large Scale Central:

http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/view.php?id=60

and this one:

http://www.largescalecentral.com/LSCForums/viewtopic.php?id=7097

A number of folks, including myself, are building F scale EBT steel boxes.
Geoff Ringle
Old Iron Designs

Lee Carlson

I also purchased 4 of those "kits".  Now I just have to get myself in
gear to buy the other hardware necessary.  I think I'll build all 4
at the same time, assembly line fashion.  I'm planning on doing
2 with the horizontally-braced doors and to with the plain doors.
One each will have the "EAST BROAD TOP" lettering, and one each
with the "Acorn" herald.

Lee Carlson
President,
NYS&W -- Niantic, Yantic, Scantic & Willimantic Traction Co.

Kevin Strong

I think those cars would be ideal candidates for Bachmann's future plans. In other scales, they've proven to have wide-spread appeal to modelers of other railroads (even some "Colorado" folks). Certainly the reaction to the LSC project has illustrated that the appeal is also there in large scale. (Lee and I are the only two "EBT" modelers building them. The rest just like the style of the car.) I forget how many people Bob cut kits for, but LSC if only two in a crowd of 40 or so are active EBT modelers, and LSC is but a very small sampling of the large scale community, then that certainly bodes well for the appeal of these cars.

Later,

K

Old Iron

K, I agree with your statement…. Except, I also model the EBT. 

However, due to lack of commercial equipment (especially engines) the fictitious BLACKLOG TIMBER COMPANY actually became a more successful enterprise on my layout.

This situation is changing… my EBT now has 2 & 3 bay hoppers and a couple of steel boxes on the way.

Let’s hope Bachmann does one of the EBT mikes.
Geoff Ringle
Old Iron Designs

Kevin Strong

Quote from: Old Iron on April 24, 2007, 06:39:10 PM
... However, due to lack of commercial equipment (especially engines) the fictitious BLACKLOG TIMBER COMPANY actually became a more successful enterprise on my layout ...

I resemble that remark. At the same time, with Accucraft's #12 coming out this time next year, and two other EBT loco projects sitting on the burners in my workshop, there will soon be a time where I may finally retire my Tuscarora RR locos. BTW, did you notice that Accucraft's doing the 3-bays? They'll be a nice compliment to B'mann's 2 bay.

Later,

K

Old Iron

Quote from: Kevin Strong on April 25, 2007, 01:52:09 AMBTW, did you notice that Accucraft's doing the 3-bays? They'll be a nice compliment to B'mann's 2 bay.

Yes I did. Smoke & mirrors?
Geoff Ringle
Old Iron Designs

Kevin Strong

The flyer I got from my Accucraft dealer stated "Fall 2007" as an estimated delivery. As with any manufacturer, I take those with a grain of salt. If we see pre-production samples at either the ex-Rusty Boat or Lost Wages shows, then we'll have some vague idea.

Later,

K