News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Further small ON30 locomotives

Started by Hamish K, April 21, 2007, 08:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.P.R.R. Manager

Nice work, Jeff.  I'm with you 100% on the Fort Wilderness RR locos.  And I had the same thought about Disney royalties.  There was a live steam model of the Fort Wilderness locos a couple of years back, and they designed their own logo, presumably to avoid the royalty situation.

More info here:
http://www.ironhorse129.com/Projects/Engines/Olomana/olomana.htm

Jeff in NJ

Quote from: C.P.R.R. Manager on April 27, 2007, 02:04:03 AM
I'm with you 100% on the Fort Wilderness RR locos.  And I had the same thought about Disney royalties. 

Then how about a model of the Olomana, except as a 2-4-2? I'd take it as a standard black and graphite paint scheme.

I think it would be a great addition to the 0-4-0 and 0-4-2 Porters.

Dusten Barefoot

This might not be a futher small train, but its an addition to the 0-4-0, 0-4-2, and soon to be 2-4-2 FWRR. This is another Tweetsie engine, The giant 0-8-0 switcher loco with a slope tender. I think it'll look like a great engine. I also think that if bachmann could build some locos that are not based on a real steam engine but rather out thought, custom ideas and mess. a 4-4-2 would also be great also 2-4-4 oh wait that is the forny but sup it up, Give it a ballon stack, tender sepperated from the cab a wood load and much more. I have drawn all these models on my computer but I just dont know how to put them on the computer.
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Spule 4

Quote from: Dusten on April 27, 2007, 07:26:46 PM
This might not be a futher small train.....I have drawn all these models on my computer but I just dont know how to put them on the computer.

Just hook your computer to a rapid protyping machine and go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3gHHeD6cv8

This technology is amazing, I have held some prototypes in my hand for industry, they are the same as a moulded resin model part (about the same as the Yellow Alumilite). 

Once the prices come down.....
Garrett

ebtnut

Remember that the Bachmann On30 line is somewhat limited by it's purpose and marketing.  As a general rule, stuff has to be able to go around EZ Track 18" curves, which is going to limit the size of locos.  In addition, they have and are choosing prototypes that are small by nature--early 3' stuff that was smaller than the later (post-1900) stuff so that the equipment looks to "belong" together.  Put an EBT On3 hopper next to most of the Bachmann stuff and you'll see what I mean.  I for one would like to see something like the Lawndale 2-8-0--quite a small loco for 3' gauge, but certainly usable as an On30 piece and more domestic in appearance than the current outside frame model.  Still waiting for the Heisler, of course, to round out the logging set.  Another possibility would be the New Berlin and Winfield 2-6-0, once made (badly) in brass in both HO and O (and which I think has been preserved).  Also like to see a nice 4-4-0, maybe a nice Pittsburg loco like Maryland Central No. 5.