News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How about a On30 K27?

Started by MarK T, December 24, 2009, 08:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarK T

Hey Mr. Bach,
Seeing that the On30 Forney made it's way to the large scale crowd.  How about putting a bug in someones ear about giving the On30 crowd the K27? 
Just a thought.  Yes, I know MMI makes a whole fleet of Mudhens....but I don't have the deep pockets.
Mark
PS... Merry Christmas everyone

El Loco

Merry Christmas to you to Mark! ;)  We have been bugging the Bachmann for a long time for a Bachmann made K-27.  Like you and many others that dont have those deep pockets  for the high end MMI ( excellent model no doubt) would  certainly buy the Bachmann  issue .  Many  will gnash their teeth seeing this Old request re-appear on the forum again,  OH well  were back!  we are like the bad cold you just cant get rid of!!! ;D

Chime in there our fellow K-27 lovers!
Merry Christmas to all !   ;D

Jack Johnson

Count me in for at least 2! Hope they decide to produce one.

Merry Christmas,

Jack

Tomcat

Hi there Jack, hi there friends:

Count me in for 2 Mudhens too! Preferably along a Standard D&RGW K-27 inboard and outboard piston version please the two RGS Engines too - 455 pre-wreck and post-wreck and the 461, though... Just as in Fn3 scale - the 455 post-wreck may be high on demand along RGS modellers. :) :) :)

I do have three MMi Mudhens, but I would rather sell them for 3 Bachmann engines. The MMI do have pretty poor electric pickup (Engine "+", Tender "-") which could be far better.

Bachmann-I´m sure you could do far better!!! :) :) :)
Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

El Loco

If they ran as good & was as reliable as the Connie, they would be a smash hit! ;D

Jack Johnson

Tomcat,

Where did you get your MMI's at? They seem hard to get or I'm not looking in the right place.

Merry Christmas to all.
Jack

MarK T

Jack,
I would talk to Bruce at Southwest Narrow Gauge http://www.i-sng.com/ in Phoenix.  I've always had excellent customer service and he generally has a pretty good stock on hand.
-Mark

Frisco

Well, everyone knows how I fell about this one  ;D
Count me in for 2 pre-ordered and as long as they have no issues then 3-4 more spread out over the next couple of years (for the wallets sake : ).

Frisco

Oh, Jack, St. Aubin has several road numbers in stock. They also have some of the C-19s left.
http://www.staubinon30.com/K-27s_c_11.html

ossygobbin

change the record.
lets have something nobody else is producing

Jack Johnson

Thanks for the info on where to get these locomotives. I'll start my own Christmas shopping tomorrow!

ebtbob

Merry Christmas Everyone,

If we are going to wish for 2-8-2s in On30 then put me down for any one of the EBT's mikes.   My preference would be #17,  as she was the first of the mikes I saw.
       As for the K27 or any other 2-8-2,   you must understand a couple or three things.   Because of the length of the wheelbase,   you should plan on nothing shy of 24r for your curves,  and 26 inch would be better.   The basic reason for that is,  on tight curves,  the edge of the cab and the edge of tender can meet and cause derailments.
       The MMI K27s are heavy,   6.5 lbs total.   They have wonderful detail but need some modifications for anything under 26r.   The wire harness goes into the tender under a metal "tab" that represents a fireman's walkway.   The tender shell needs to be removed and the channel the wires sit in needs to be deepend so that the wire harness is not pinched in place.   I have two of the K27s and have Tsunami sound in the tender and seperate operating decoders in the boilers.   This reduces the number of wires between engine and tender down to two.
      So,  I too support the idea of Bachmann doing a 2-8-2 wheel arrangement because I have the space and radii to support them.
Enclose,  a pic of EBT#17 and one of the MMI K27s

Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

Tomcat

Sorry for my delay, folks!

Jack: nearly all of my MMI engines once came from St.Aubins, two of my 3 Mudhens, the K-28 and both C-19 came from here. I just secured myself another C-19 (344).

Well-all RGS versions are long gone, but there are masses of D&RGW engines still arround; green boiler, black boiler etc. Check them out!

Cheers and a Merry Christmas to everybody out there! :) :) :)

Tom

ksivils

Out of curiosity, would any of you have one of the MMI K-27's tell everyone how many cars these brutes can pull on the level?

Thanks!

ebtbob

ksivil,

I cannot because I do not have a flat railroad.   But....I will tell you that they pull more than the Bachmann 2-8-0,  but not by a lot.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org