News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My forney arrived !!!

Started by darkdaniel100, December 24, 2009, 11:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdaniel100

My Unlettered outside frame forney arrived from the US this morning . Its a lovely looking locomotive , Its much smaller than say the mallet its closer to the climax in size !

One thing I have noticed is there is no DVD included is this correct or is mine missing ?

Mike M

I got my shipment last week and was informed that they did not produce one for the forney
Mike

darkdaniel100

Quote from: Mike M on December 24, 2009, 12:16:41 PM
I got my shipment last week and was informed that they did not produce one for the forney
Mike

Aww thats a shame I enjoy watching the DVD's / Videos that come with the locomotives  :-[

Jon D. Miller

The CD&StL's new Forney is now in the train shed. It arrived at the dealer's place on Dec. 21.  We were visiting in Canada so could not pick it up until yesterday.

Haven't had much time to go over it in detail. It did arrive with no damage and yes the counter weights and wheels are tight on the axles.

Don Sweet is sending a RCS PnP.  A Phoenix sound system will be installed.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD

Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

StanAmes

Deb and I took a video of our new Forney this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIHwCF1wiOk

Shortly later we have a few feet of scale snow.  Time to go out and get a plow train to rescue the stranded forney and its train.

Happy New Year

Stan Ames

NarrowMinded

:o YIKES!!! I can't imagine running my trains through that cold wet stuff. your braver then me.

NM

Jon D. Miller

A little snow can't be any worse than fording. 8)

In either case a little proper after operations maintenance is all that is required.  Plus it's a lot of fun! ;D

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

NarrowMinded

The Horror, the Horror! I feel like I just watched the old Red Asphalt series from drivers training...   Beautiful job of weathering though...or is that just the result of your locomotive abuse eerrrr I mean use. ;D

NM

I live in So Cal if I left my locos out all the time the black Widow spiders would be riding the rails like old time hobo's

David Fletcher

Good video.
Those cylinders way above centreline really do look kookie.  The main rod and side rod practically line up when cranks are facing upward....
need to lower the whole super structure to make it right.  Oh well out with the saw, just like the old Aristo C-16s....

David.

tac

Quote from: David Fletcher on January 01, 2010, 11:54:13 PM
Good video.
Those cylinders way above centreline really do look kookie.  The main rod and side rod practically line up when cranks are facing upward....
need to lower the whole super structure to make it right.  Oh well out with the saw, just like the old Aristo C-16s....

David.

Yup, that's a point I raised when we first clapped eyes on it....the rest is pretty nice, but for the same price as the K-27, I'd rather have a K-27.

Great video though, it what seems to be HD!

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Kevin Strong

Jon, does that void the warranty. ;) Fantastic shot! You have video? I've never been a big gearhead, but I love watching old film of Shays crossing streams like that, slinging water up every which way.

Stan, nice video. Looks to be a smooth-running loco. Gotta work on that brake squeal timing, though.  ;) Great snow picture as well. You'll find that same scene in almost every book written on the Maine 2-footers.

Later,

K

calenelson

Quote from: Kevin Strong on January 02, 2010, 12:13:23 PM

Stan, nice video. Looks to be a smooth-running loco. Gotta work on that brake squeal timing, though.  ;) Great snow picture as well. You'll find that same scene in almost every book written on the Maine 2-footers.

Later,

K

Agree Kevin, nice Video...

Funny; Ole Man Winter...the Video and Snow Pic look like they were taken over 2 different seasons...Crazy how the weather can change so quickly!...I don't envy you Yanks one bit!

cale