News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

product suggestion

Started by glennk28, January 16, 2010, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk28

Just came from a question about Shays--realized that Bachmann has made  at least six "logging" locomotives  (three Shays, a climax, a Heisler, and the 2-6-6-2T.    They have some log cars--but no really suitable logging caboose.  How about considering one such as the Swayne / West Side "long caboose?

gj

the Bach-man

Hi, Glenn,
That's a thought...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

glennk28

Wouldn't have to be as elaborate as the Rio Grande caboose--a bit rustic, let the individual clutter it up--  gj

R. J. Raleigh

A caboose would be good, but a C-16 would be even better. One with a diecast
boiler and cylinder block in addition to the diecast frame. Make it a woodburner.
Just a suggestion,
Robert

glennk28

I could go for that--even though I have a lot of them in On3--Are you familiar with the Kemtron catalog pages on the C-16s?  They offered three different versions--as built, "intermediate" (about Turn of 20th Century, and "modern"--after the 1920's rebuilding of the survivors.  I built at least six different ones--223, 268, 271, and 278 I still have, 283 as NCNG 8, and one as a C&S engine, and a couple of other modern ones.  I still have 2 or 3 to build. 

They are nice looking engines--well proportioned , low-slung and chunky.    Yes--I'd buy one in Fn3--probably 278. 
gj

tlnibert

I would suggest one of the better known Steam engines, the Sierra No. 3.
I really love that engine, I would want a bunch of them.
Tom

glennk28

Sierra 3 is a standard gauge loco.  Bachmann's 1:20.3 line is narrow gauge prototypes.

The C-16 could almost be considered a "catalog engine as so many were built and re-sold.  gj

R. J. Raleigh

Glenn,
I found a pictorial account of #223's restoration:
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locoPicture.aspx?id=94112
It's being restored at the Ogden Union Pacific Station in Ogden Utah.

glennk28

I photographed 223 in 1977 at the zoo in SLC--UP 833 was also there.  Had to fight off a gaggle of geese to get my pix.  Was onm my way to NMRA National Convention in Denver--had my 278 with me--also got what pix I could of 268 in Gunnison and 278 in Cimmaron.  Modeled those 3 plus 271 and NCNG 8.  all in On3.  gj