News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N+W 4-8-4 # 611 in HO scale and DC power

Started by cabooseman, December 13, 2009, 09:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cabooseman

Need to locate the 611 with plain DC power for a friend in HO scale. I only found a $399 one with DCC/Sound any help will be appreciated  - Hobo

pdlethbridge

you might need a bowser mechanism to get this running good. Or you could get one with a decoder installed which WILL run on DC out of the box, Try looking here
http://cgi.ebay.com/BACHMANN-SPECTRUM-HO-J-4-8-4-TRAIN-LOCO-NORF-82104_W0QQitemZ200416003876QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item2ea9b98724

wobblinwheel

I have a brand new (first run) BLI J class #611 (no sound. DC) for a hunnerd bucks.  GREAT locomotive! mike_crafton@yahoo.com

doctor_boogie

Still looking for a J-class? I have an older DC version still in box - limited collectors edition. Lemme know.

hawaiiho

Also, I remember that several of my Bachmann DCC equipped steam locomotives came supplied with a "dummy plug". When the DCC 8 pin connection is removed and the dummy plug inserted the locomotive could then be operated DC.

I suspect this would work with the J as most of Bachmann DCC units are similarly engineered. Possibly, someone in the group knows for sure.