News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachman Shark

Started by glsummers, December 25, 2009, 09:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glsummers

What CV settings should you put on the Shark for it to run smooth. I have three and they do not run very smooth. Is it a decoder problem? Just wandering what you all think. Thanks Larry

ebtbob

Larry,

Are the engines new?   If so,  they may need some break in time.   I break my new engines in by running at various speeds both forward and backward for about 15 minutes,  each direction and speed.  Hopefully,  break in running will help to smooth out their performance.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

ALCOS4EVER

Check to make sure that your wheels and track are clean also. Dirt can make a big difference in performance with DCC. I have four Sharks and they run like glass.

glsummers

They work fine on a straight track but only when they go down a 2% grade do they have a jerky motion.

glsummers

I can't believe I am the only one who has had problems with the Sharks. I bought four and everyone has a jerky motion when they go down a grade. Has no one but me have that problem?

glsummers

I have no other engines, over fifty that have that same characteristic. I have several other Bachmans and none of them act like this going down a grade.