Question reguarding action figures on G scale layouts

Started by trainguy111, December 17, 2009, 10:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainguy111

Is it OK to use 4 inch tall action figures on a G scale layout?

Loco Bill

Sure as long as it looks ok to you!!

Merry Christmas
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

altterrain

Most actions figure run about 4 3/4 - 5 inches tall which is way too big for Bachmann large scale products (1:20.3 - 1:22.5 scale). You will want to find figures in the 3 - 3 1/2 inch tall range.
The exception is an oddball scale I model in - 7/8's scale or 1:13.7. Action figures fit perfectly for this scale.
Some examples -

a JeanLuc Piccard figure -

an original StarTrek Edith Keeler figure (that station is 30 inches long with 6 inch tall doors!) -

an Indiana Jones figure -

ST-Voyager's Chakotay on a Bachmann tip car which work well for 7/8's scale -

-Brian
President of

trainguy111

I currently have a 3.75 inch tall Sonic figure by Jazwares. I plan on doing a fantasy themed layout.

tac

Well, in that case you are limited only by your imagination!!

tac
www.ovgrs.org

ryeguyisme

I use the 1:18 scale figures that  21st Century toys make on occasion haha

trainguy111

Has anyone tried Nendoroids on their layout? Their 3.9 inch tall action figures of famous Japanese cartoon characters from series such as Lucky Star.

glennk28

I check them individually--I carry a "Scale Card"to check for size--There was a toy store in Monterey that had a bin of assorted figures--I had several on my garden railway there--Madonna's character in the Dick Tracy movie is still on a coach platform,  Batman and Robin got "kidnapped"--Frankenstein's monster currently operates a locomotive under the Xmas tree--I had Disney's "Beagle Boys" holding up trains--a friend had Darth Vader with Princess Leia tied to the track[[After all--we're supposed to have fun

gj

Loco Bill

The Star wars figres in the stores seem to be pretty close, many were on sale cheap.   They had all that gret stuff why not an attack train as well with a cthreepio sticking out of the top of course!! 

My grandaughter thought it would be coool!!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products