News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Grey Road Bed Feeder Wiring

Started by waxboss1, December 29, 2009, 02:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waxboss1

Hi, I am now new to railroading world, just purchased the HO scale UP merger DCC set and a Norfolk Southern DCC locomotive and I was wondering how the best way to run the feeder wires from the bus to the track on the grey road bed without the wires being to noticable? I am planning to run about 30 to 40 feet of track to the loading area and another 30 to 40 feet back to the town for coal unloading. I need to have enough power to keep the track energized throughout and I was wondering if there was any other items I could buy to provide electricity to te track with out having to wire to the bus every 2-4 sections of the track. I am planning on running two different lines back and forth UP and NS. Maybe a AMTRAK line in the distant future.

Jhanecker2

If your trying to add more feeders , check out the wired track joiners made by Atlas . These are made in Code 100 and would fit E-Z Track without problems . Your only problem would be to hide the wires , drilling through the roadbed between the the sections might be a way to route the wires to your bus .

waxboss1

Will suitcase wire connectors work well for tieing the feeders to the bus?

Or should I strip the insulation from the bus and tie the feeders to it and solder?

What is the best way and cleanest way to tie the feeder to the bus?