News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

burned part INDUCTOR help

Started by stoneking1, January 02, 2010, 09:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneking1

looking for any one that has used the (reply #3) chuff issue resolved.  with the http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home_usa/k-27/installdocuments/esu_dcc_install.pdf
the instruction were to remove the inductors off the dummy board and cut the trace.  I would like to know if any one used this to make their sound system work.  If so I would like to buy the inductors from someone because my inductor has burned and need it for my sound system.  I do not know the value of the inductor or i would have gotten one at the local electrical store. Any help would be very helpful.  My email address is stoneking1@cox.net
::)now trying to get more information on the subject.  If any one would help this would be great.  I have tried bachmann but no one knows any info yet

StanAmes

The inductors on the dummy board are used as part of the motor sound suppressant and from my experience can be bypassed with no ill effect.  If you burned one out simply wire around it.

The more interesting question is to figure out why one burned out.

If you really need a new one the best way is to ask if someone has a spare dummy board they are not using and simply replace the entire board.  You can use the dummy board that came from the K27, 2-6-6-2 or Forney for this purpose.

Anyone who removed the dummy board as part of an installation will have  one that you can use or perhaps Bachmann has the dummy board as a part (it is not yet listed on-line as a part)

But I would simply wire around both inductors if they are providing you a problem as that will likely solve your immediate problem.

Hope that helps

Stan Ames

Udo

Hello "Stoneking" !

I attach the circuit diagram for the K27. There is also the PCB DC Dummy shown.
May be that helps.

Udo