News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Problems posting messages

Started by rogertra, January 04, 2010, 05:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Does anyone else experience the following probelm?

When posting a reply to a previous post, once your post scrolls down to the bottom of the window and the text you are posting scroll down out of the window, the new text does not remain visible in the window but keeps in disappearing as the window "bounced" back to the top of your post.  Thus, the bottom of your post, where you are typing, disappears from view.

You need to scroll down quick to find your text and to see if what you wrote is correct before the text and or the window jumps back up to the top of your message.

Makes replying annoying to say the least.

jettrainfan

its not really a problem, if i understand you correct, their is a easier way, just click preview when your done. hope this helps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

BestSnowman

Are you using Internet Explorer 8? If so its an issue that was actually in a previous version of IE but was not fixed so as not to break existing sites. IE8 fixed it to be more compatible with other browsers which means it broke compatibility with the out of spec code.

To fix it all you need to do is click the broken document icon in the address bar when you are on the bachmann site, this will tell IE to render in compatibility mode where the problem does not come up. You should only have to do this once and IE should remember to go into compatibility mode every time you visit the bachmann site.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

rogertra

Thanks Mathew.

Yes, I am running IE8 and didn't know about the compatabilty window.  I do now.  :-)

That seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks again.

ABC

Except for all the empty space at the bottom.

Heave

Put Mozilla Firefox on your machine and a few addons like Ghostery, ABP blocker etc.

IE troubles go bye bye. No more IE, no problem.

BestSnowman

Hmm, not sure on what would cause the spaces
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog