News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CTI and EZ-Command

Started by lescar, January 09, 2010, 09:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lescar

I've been checking out the Computer Control System form CTI and have downloaded the manual, The EZ- Command is not one of the listed DCC systems that is compatible. Has any one tried using this system with the EZ-Command.

I'm a newbie to the hobby and would like to say Hi, and thank you in advanced for all up coming help and tolerance with the newbie questions.  :)
All Comments and suggestions are all ways welcome and appreciated

rich1998

If the ez command is not listed then it is not for this system. Read on.
in the manual you downloaded, go to page 124, Lesson 21, dcc. the ez command does not have the proper data connector.

http://www.cti-electronics.com/faqs.htm

The ez command is very basic.

Lex

lescar

I See why now, no sensing circuits.  I haven't bought any system yet,  But do like the EZ-Command from what I have read. Unless someone knows of another DCC system that is similar with sensing.   

From my understanding, I could still use the CTI system to operate accessory's.  Which would make switching easier and the signals, and crossing guards operate automatic.  For the price of the starter kit  which would be around the same for all the toggle switch's, sensors, and power supply's that I would need.  I already have spare computers I could use.
All Comments and suggestions are all ways welcome and appreciated

ABC

Well the thing I like about the E-Z command is it is cheap, easy, and it works. I got mine for $40 from the favorite spot on ebay and it comes with the warranty.