Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

BIG HAULER

Started by FISCHERBD, January 07, 2010, 02:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FISCHERBD

WHAT IS BACHMANN PRODUCT # FOR A SNOW PLOW FOR DURANGO AND SILVERTON LOCO

altterrain

There is not a snow plow for the Big Hauler 4-6-0. You can only get plows for the big K-27 2-8-2. You would have to make your own though it's not really a big and strong enough loco to do any real snow plowing.

-Brian
President of

Jon D. Miller

As Brian states, to the best of my knowledge also, there was never a snow plow offered for the Big Hauler.

This is a resin cast, after market, plow that was offered for the 10-Wheelers. I had two of these.  Not really all that great as far as looks and they set too high to do any meaningful plowing. I sold both of the plows.

Bought the plows years ago. Think they were made by an individual in Oregon.  I have no point of contact.

As suggested you'd be better off making your own.  Should be a simple task.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

on30gn15

Quote from: FISCHERBD on January 07, 2010, 02:39:08 AM
WHAT IS BACHMANN PRODUCT # FOR A SNOW PLOW FOR DURANGO AND SILVERTON LOCO

This http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=2205

QuoteLocation: /Large Scale/1:20.3 Scale Accessories

spectrum

K-27 Snow Plow
K-27 Snow Plow

Road Name:

Product Information

* heavy-duty construction
    * easy assembly

Price: $25.00

Product Code: 88014
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

FordcvP71

Just need to keep an eye on ebay, custom made plows for 4-6-0's pop up every now and again. I got this one a couple years ago it seems to be made for Bachmann 4-6-0's as it securely clips right onto the pilot after removing the front coupler then it (coupler) can then be reused as the plows coupler though I used a Kadee

armorsmith

andyb

Here's my Big Hauler ten wheeler posing as D&RGW T12 #167 on ploughing duties... I'll try and find out where the plough came from but a mod to the front was required. It was quite effective with the snow we had in the UK recently...

Andy B