News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Strasburg cars

Started by hooter47, January 10, 2010, 10:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooter47

I bought a 4 car set of Strausburg RR 0 gauge passenger cars in the late 1980s. I can't find any information on them, even at the Cho Cho barn in Strausburg PA where they were purchased. I think they were $75 each at that time.  Does anyone else have this set or have any info on them.
Thanks

phillyreading

Strasburg dealed with many companies or vendors so the passenger cars could be; Williams, MTH, Lionel, K-Line, Weaver or Atlas.
I & others would need much more info on them to help you identify who made them, such as style of car; Madison 60 or 72 foot, streamliner, vistadome, heavyweight, ect.

Lee F.

hooter47

Thanks for answering, The only other information I have is the box they came in. It's a Williams deluxe 5 car madison set. On the end panel is hand written "Strasburg railroad 4-car passenger set  A Strasburg train shop exclusive"  The cars are 14" long,  have triple axles and are modeled after the old passenger cars that the railroad uses.
I hope this helps.

phillyreading

hooter47,
Those passenger cars sound like the Reading King Coal set of 60 foot Madison cars that I have by Williams, do they have non operating knuckle couplers as well? The set I have has three axles, two metal wheels with one plastic in the center of the two metal wheels, two lights in each car that have a separate wire to each light. I bought the set from a friend of mine about ten years ago for $140.00 for the six passenger cars.
I am looking to replace the non operating knuckle couplers but every time I look for knuckle couplers they are more than $5.00 a piece, so that would be $60.00 or more to upgrade to operating couplers so I am leaving them as is for now.
Also got some great bargains on Williams engines from my friend, a GP-9 with horn & whistle for only $125.00, or a Pennsy S-2 (cab # 681)for $200.00.

Lee F.