News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New idea for Bachmann!

Started by The Chaz Storm, January 10, 2010, 08:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaz Storm

I didn't think that this would fit the wishlist thread because what I thought of isn't an engine, rolling stock or anything of the sort that I want Bachmann to consider or anything.  Instead it's an easier idea and a good way for Bachmann to make extra money if you think about it.

Bach-man,
I couldn't help to notice that whenever I take a look at back of the packages of your Thomas and Friends line for HO that the only ones shown in the back are the engines you guys have made.  No rolling stock, no buildings, or anything else of the sort.  My idea for you guys is a pamphlet that comes along inside the package with the model or inside the box of a building or a train set to list everything in both the large and HO range of Thomas and Friends.  This could also be added with large scale items that are being purchased to help advertise for the Thomas fans who just got the large scale Thomas and friends models/sets to the HO Thomas and friends range. 

Inside the pamphlet there will be two sides: 

One side will feature the HO engines, rolling stock, accessories, and buildings.  The new stuff that has been announced can be in there too depending on where they belong.  IE New engines that were announced would be in the engines section, new rolling stock would be in the rolling stock section, etc. 

The other side will feature the different train sets in the HO range along with showing everything in the large scale range too (Great way to advertise the large scale range to Thomas fans who have the HO models!)

Now to another point, why do I think you guys should do this?

Well it's a great way for Bachmann to make extra money by advertising both the HO and large scale ranges.  The wooden range and the take along range do the same thing for young Thomas fans (not sure if other ranges do too but correct me if I'm wrong), but why not Bachmann?  It will be very useful to those who are just getting into the hobby of modeling with Thomas and Friends models.  Plus users on YouTube will be going nuts over it and they will post videos of it with the Thomas theme song playing in the background just like they do for every single Thomas related thing out there. :)

Anyways I hope you guys see where I come from with this idea, and hopefully it will become a reality.

Anthony P2

it sounds like a great idea. i support it all the way. but it would cost bachmann a lot of money for the paper and to print it because you're putting this pamphlet in ALL the packaged thomas products. and besides i don't think that you would want a pamphlet of the same thing over and over again.. that also goes for the new ones that would come out every year ( if it does )
but then there might be a slight chance of them doing that because i heard ( not a rumor: www.peachcreekshops.com read the bottom ) that bachmann is increasing their prices 5%, so ya.

The Chaz Storm

Really? :)

Paper is NOT expensive.  Printing is not hard.  You're making this sound harder then it really is.  I'm sure Bachmann can do this.   

Also about getting the same pamphlet in every package...that's the point! :P  And if they need to update it by year, then they would.  No questions asked.