DCC On Board Turnout Decoders- Mr. Bach-Man Please

Started by mrcrrtech, January 06, 2010, 01:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrcrrtech

Does the decoder installed in these turnouts support any programming modes; eg: paged, direct, register or programming on the main?
Does the decoder support CV readback?
Does Bachman or the decoder manufacturer have a complete CV chart of the available CV's included in this decoder for troubleshooting programming issues.
I'm trying to help a combined MRC/Bachman customer using these turnouts with a Prodigy Advance Squared DCC System.
it seems he purchased Bachman item no. 44130 and the default setting is the diverging route through the turnout not the straight route. the only way to set the straight route as default is to either reverse the wires from the decoder to the twin-coil switch machine, [wire colors are not the same on different turnouts], but we would need to know which color is the common, or to try and use CV programming to reverse the direction of the decoder.
The instructions supplied by Bachman only deal with changing the default using the Bachman E-Z Comman DCC System.
The customer told me today he has tried calling Bachman the last few days, and no one has returned his phone calls
thank you

Frank
Frank Verrico
Product Manager/Tech Support
Model Rectifier Corp.
rrtech@modelrectifier.com

the Bach-man

Hi. Frank-
The switches in question are wired backwards, and I haven't been able to find a way to reverse them. If you give Lee a call tomorrow he'll be able to get you the other info.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

mrcrrtech

Thank you Bach-Man,
I have a programming work around for these mis-wired turnouts, if any one needs help with them, instead of trying to re-wire them.
they can always contact me:
732-225-2100  ext. 224
Frank
Frank Verrico
Model Rectifier Corp.

the Bach-man

Thanks, Frank!
I'll be one of the first!
Best,
the Bach-man

mikec069

Just one question Mr> Bachmann.
Will this wiring issue be fixed in future production runs or will just have to continue to 'reprogram' all standard turnouts.
I got a total of 6 DCC turnouts (4 #6s and 2 standard) and love them all.  It's the two standards are little confusing when calculating and programming routes.  Other than that it's all good.

MikeC069

mrcrrtech

Bach-Man,
if you e-mail me at rrtech@modelrectifier.com i will send you a word.doc that you can post on the Bachman site, for the work around on programming
Frank
Frank Verrico
Model Rectifier Corp.

the Bach-man

Dear Mike,
Yes, the current production is wired correctly.
Thanks, Frank, I will!
the Bach-man