News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Outside Frame 30 Inch 2-6-2T

Started by LurchBird, August 01, 2008, 02:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steinked

I own a Backwoods 2-6-2T saddle tank engine, a nice RTR model which is based on a Bachmann H0 drive. The loco stalls on grade crossings, as the wheel diameter is very low, and part of the gear reaches down between the rails. The engine really sits on the crossings.

Mr. B.: If you ever do a 2-6-2T in 0n30, please avoid this problem.

Kind Regards

Dieter Steinke
Manns Creek Railway - Mining and Logging

aussie30inch

Hello Everyone

I would have to agree with Royce Australia has such a hugh and varied selection of Narrow gauge all of which could be seen amost on any train.
The hawiian 2-6-2ts or our beloved Na's all would make a grand addition to your range,and I think every one would be surprised at how well they would sell

Geoff aussie30inch

LurchBird

Mr Bachmann,
Through discussions on the On30 Conspiracy list on Brazilian narrow gauge, one member (Ken Clark) came up with this information:

QuoteThe #10 was a Baldwin SN "40675" OF 2-6-2 built in 1913, sister engine #14 SN "40764" operated without a tender.

Searching on the serial number I found this site:

http://www.irsociety.co.uk/Archives/17/Overseas_7.htm

Specifically, this engine looks to be a close relative to the Puffing Billy.

Between these two locomotives, the Hawaiian 30" OF 2-6-2, the kit bashing possibilities (e.g., SR&RL #23, a 2 foot OF 2-6-2 with tender, Baldwin Bulldog 0-6-2T)), I think you'd have a winner here.

Mark

steinked

I agree!!!

While waiting for Bachmann to overcome its geared toothing aches and to deliver the long claimed Heisler, this 2-6-2T would fill the industrial engine gap between the Porters and the Conny. ;D

Kind Regards  Dieter
Manns Creek Railway - Mining and Logging

ebtbob

Good Evening All,

Since this thread started by mentioning trains in Hawaii,  I thought I would recommend a series of soft backed books called Hawaiian Railway Album by Gale E. Treiber,  with photos by Victor Norton, Jr.,  stationed in the islands during WWII.   There are four books total and the pix are great,  showing many different engines in 3 ft gauge.   One of my favorites is an 0-6-0 with outside frame and sloped back tender.   I think that would be a GREAT engine to have in On30.
         One of the other nice things about this series of books is the rolling stock and structures used by those railroads.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

LurchBird

And now those books are available as a single hardback book. I got it for Christmas. I agree, there are many great outside frame engines in that book. I like the 4-6-0 outside frame on the cover of my book. Awesome stuff!