Bachmann HO scale Silver Star Model#00012

Started by dr.flavor, January 11, 2010, 11:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr.flavor

Hey, bought this at a garage sale for 5.00. It looks pretty neat, so I bought it. When was it made, and did I get a good deal? I was going to set it up for him, but i'm not reaaaaally sure what I'm doing. It's still in the box and everything.  I cannot find this model on the internet, but I think I need accessories. It only comes with 4 cars and 36"x36" track.  Thanks for any help!

ABC

Not a bad deal it's only worth about $10 though. The locomotive is not that great, just any old loco, the cars are worth maybe $1 each, with the loco being worth around $5. The track does not have much value (it is steel, most people prefer nickel-silver)
The following picture resembles your set right?

Your set originally included the following:
• EMD GP40 diesel locomotive with crimson and silver "War Bonnet" paint scheme and operating headlight
• single dome tank car
• quad hopper
• reefer
• off-center caboose
• 75" x 39" figure-eight of E-Z Track® with 21 pieces of curved track, 1 curved plug-in terminal rerailer, and a 30 degree crossing
• 48 railroad and street signs
• 24 telephone poles
• UL listed power pack
• illustrated instruction manual

dr.flavor

On the box it says 36 x36 track and there are only one loco and 3 cars on the back. It's a santa fe train.  It's disappointing it's not a better set. darn

pipefitter

Looks like a nice set and I wouldn't be disappointed for only $5. Why don't you set it up and see how it runs. You've got a 36" circle of track. Connect the red wires to the DC terminals on the power pack and plug the other end to the terminal/rerailer track. If anything, it might need a little lubrication. Let us know how it goes.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Bachmann-HO-Scale-Silver-Star-Railroad-Train-Set-5641256.html

Cheers,

Robert
Grew up next to B&O's Metropolitan Branch - Silver Spring Maryland

ABC

Bachmann HO Scale Silver Star Railroad Train Set (5641256)
  Item    Currently    $9.59 USD
Item ID #    5641256
Quantity    1
Start Time    12/23/2009 6:00:00 PM PT
End Time    12/30/2009 8:45:00 PM PT
# of bids    0  ( bid history)
This auction has ended

Not even worth $10 I guess I was being too generous with the appraisal.

dr.flavor

Thanks pipefitter! It is a cool looking set! I'm sure my son doesn't care about value, he just wants to see it run around the track. Thanks again!