News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

PARTS LIST FOR LAFAYETTE TRAIN LOCO

Started by FARMBOY0077, January 10, 2010, 12:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FARMBOY0077

DOES ANYONE HAVE A COPY OF THE LAFAYETTE TRAIN LOCOMOTIVE ? I NEED A DRIVE LOCO GEAR.

rich1998

this is no longer in production. I doubt you will find a gear.
I have the John Bull with a stripped worm gear. i had the loco running quite well but the gear mesh between the worm and worm gear is not the best and not adjustable. There was too much slop between the worm and worm gear.
Eventually a couple teeth on the worm gear were stripped off.
These little Bachmann locos are disposable toy trains only good for display.

lex

ABC

I looked everywhere and this set and the locomotive are not available anywhere online, so perhaps you have a nice little display piece. 

tiz

Bachmann Lafayette loco is one of the three almost the same models. I have the Lafayette, Prussia ( made in Hong Kong probably for EU) and the new one The Pegasus. They all use the same loco,Norris type, with small changes, paint etc. I have the exploded diagrams of Pegasus and probably of Lafayette. Can send it to your mail in .pdf file ( I don't know if I can attach it here).

Regards, Zdenko, Toronto 

rich1998

Quote from: tiz on January 11, 2010, 12:32:57 PM
Bachmann Lafayette loco is one of the three almost the same models. I have the Lafayette, Prussia ( made in Hong Kong probably for EU) and the new one The Pegasus. They all use the same loco,Norris type, with small changes, paint etc. I have the exploded diagrams of Pegasus and probably of Lafayette. Can send it to your mail in .pdf file ( I don't know if I can attach it here).

Regards, Zdenko, Toronto 

Larry who owns the below site would love anything you have. I and many other modelers have sent in stuff to him which benefits the model railroad hobby. Many people have benefited from the diagrams he has accumulated if they buy a used item with no diagram or wants to see what an item looks like before buying it.

There is an email address. He will credit your library.

http://www.hoseeker.net/

Lex

tiz

Thank you Lex,

I just sent a scan of Lafayette diagram to the site owner. I found Prussia already there ( same parts used). From my Pegasus train set it is used the same diagram as Lafayette 4-2-0- even the name.
Soon I will send more diagrams- site is excellent!

Regards

Zdenko