Using EZ-Command with stationary decoders???

Started by explorer626, January 14, 2010, 09:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

explorer626

All, I am building a layout with Atlas Code 100 track and 9 Atlas turnouts and will also be using the EZ-Command Controller to control two bachmann engines.   

Question:  Is there any way I can use the EZ-command controller to interface to the lenz LS150 or other similiar stationary decoder (which would control Atlas twin-coil switch machines)?  If so how would this work in terms of buttons/functions on the EZ-Command?

Has any one successfully done this?

incognito

I have the same question.  The lack of answers for a year probably means no.

What ez command component controls  dcc equipped ez track?  Surely a bachmann unit would control a bachmann switch.

Doneldon

incog-

Yes, an EZ  Command system will control Bachmann DCC switches/turnouts. I don't know if it will control other manufacturers' turnouts but, even if it does, it wouldn't control very many due to the limited number of addresses accessible from the EZ Command system. I'm thinking the EZ Command wouldn't be very useful on a larger pike with many turnouts unless the turnouts are controlled by something other than the EZ product. I built a railroad for my grandson with 17 remote switches/turnouts but they are controlled by their own electrical switches on his control board and powered by a separate wall wart.
                                                                                                                                                                    -- D