News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

RGS Geese

Started by RGS Goose, January 19, 2010, 01:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGS Goose

I am an RGS fan and have the Bachmann #1 Rail Truck, of course. I also have 5 of the PCM Geese, all in On30. I have a total of 21 various motive power units, some of which are D&RGW, others which are neither RGS or D&RGW but I will run them because I like them and have a particular interest in them (e.g. Bachmann Shay & Climax amongst others).
It appears there are no plans for anyone to do On30 models of RGS Geese Nos. 2, 6 &7 at the moment.
I would like to ask the Bach Man if it is possible to get Bachmann to look at doing them, preferably in the following order :- #7 first, #2 next, and then #6 (as we already have the #1 Rail Truck).

mabloodhound

RGS
I think your dreaming of pie in the sky.   There just wouldn't be enough sales for Bachmann to justify the costs to produce what you want.
However, all is not lost.   You can kitbash these yourself and end up with some mighty fine results.   Check out the http://www.railroad-line.com/ forums.   You'll find many great kitbashes there.   And help for anything you might try.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

RGS Goose

Hi mabloodhound,  Thanks for your response, but you may have noticed that Bachmann DID do the #1 Goose.
I suspect an answer from the Bach Man would be based on the end result of that project.
RGS Goose.

Hamish K

Note that Goose #1 is the most generic goose in that such conversions of road lorries to rail vehicles were undertaken by narrow gauge roads in many parts of the world. Thus the model can be at home on many layouts that are not RGS based. The other RGS geese are more distinctive and thus might have less appeal to non RGS modellers than #1.