News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ TRACK CURVES

Started by waxboss1, January 14, 2010, 10:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waxboss1

I am planning to build a 8X8 table with 18" and 26" curves and I want a 3rd line, what is the maximum curve for a 8X8 layout?

Thanks for answering all of the questions that I have had so far. I have found a RR club in the next town from mine and I am going to go talk to them tomorrow about joining.  Loved trains as a kid and love em even more as a adult with my little boy.

Keep up the good work, this forum is good for the new guys.

ABC

8 feet by 8 feet is 96" by 96", so 96/2 = 48" - 2" (for a buffer so train does not fall off table as easy)= approximately 46" radius.

Jim Banner

A 46" radius circle will fit comfortably on 8' x 8' but you will probably have to lay it with flex track.  Maximum with E-Z Track would be 33.5" radius.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

ABC

Quote from: Jim Banner on January 14, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
A 46" radius circle will fit comfortably on 8' x 8' but you will probably have to lay it with flex track.
Hey, Jim I beat you to it by 8 seconds it appears.

waxboss1

Thanks guys, was looking into the 33.50" radius and didn't know if it would fit, now I know. I have bought some 89' auto carriers (Norfolk Southern), and I'm sure they will look good going down the track to a dealership or factory. Thanks again.

waxboss1

Thanks ABC didn't put the math together like you did, I need to stop being a block head and remember what I learned from school. LOL.

CG04

waxboss1,

Put some straights between two of the 33.5 curves and you can get out to the 46".

Clif

Joe Satnik

Dear waxboss1,

You will need an access hatch for a table 8 ft wide. 

2 ft. is a comfortable reach,  and you shouldn't go much higher than 2-1/2 ft reach, or a 5 ft. width table w/o access holes.

Bachmann's  longest radius HO curves are 33.25" and 35.5".  18 degrees each = 20 per 360 degree circle.

If you want longer radius curves, code 100 flex and cork will easily mate with EZ-Track.  Just cut away a little cork to make room for the plastic roadbed tab.  Darken the top of the tab w/ a marker.   

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.