News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Online Train Store

Started by lescar, January 16, 2010, 09:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michigan Railfan

Dan's Train Depot is also a good e-bay dealer. He gives as much info on the item thats up for bidding as he can. He gives a surplus amunt of information. His prices are also really good too. Pretty much everything starts bidding at about 10 dolars. He has a good variety too.

Also, sorry if my typing is a little off. I just got back from the 3 Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin concert at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, so I'm tired. ;)

ajghear

I've used several, usually based on pricing at the time I'm buying -
www.walthers.com (good sales sometimes and free shipping on orders over $150)
www.tonystrains.com (DCC systems and decoders)
www.trainworld.com (good prices)

I haven't bought from the ebay sites listed, but will add them to my list of vendors I check.  I also do product searches (usually on the walthers part number because so many hobby stores use the walthers numbers) on google - every once in a while I'll come across a really good deal at a local hobby shop somewhere.

Haven't had bad service from any of these, so far (knock on wood).
HO scale modeler*brass track*two track parallel mainline w/lots of switching*dcc system=PA2

lwmlwm44

I have been well satisfied with Discount Trains on line for a lot of stuff.

steamchugger

I prefer Blue Ridge Hobbies in Greenville SC, great prices and selection,they ship quick contact at www.blueridgehobbies.com....love this store. Frank is knowlegable and customer friendly give them a try.....steamchugger

uncbob

Quote from: GCTTowerA on January 16, 2010, 10:47:13 AM
I use ModelTrainStuff.com. They are quick, their prices are amazing and they have great service.
Same here

Joe323

I have used  Walthers and trainworld but because I live 20 Minutes from Trainworlds Brooklyn, NY I usually just drive there

BradKT

I agree with Steamchugger about Blue Ridge Hobbies.  I have purchased items from them on many occasions and their selection and prices are hard to beat. 

One thing that I really liked about Blue Ridge Hobbies was when I had to return one item (a turnout...they had the pictures switched, so I had ordered the wrong one), I called them and they handled it very nicely.

I also like Hobbylinc a lot...for all kinds of things that are train and model-related...paints, modeling tools, parts like couplers, etc.  You should check out their site.  I have ordered from them more than any other site.  They don't carry Athearn products, but they do carry pretty much everyone else.  If Hobbylinc is out of a product, you can have them automatically notify you via e-mail when it is back in stock.

One other place that you might want to check out is Amazon.com.  I think that the best of their stores is My Atomic.