News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Der faster ve go, der behinder ve get!

Started by Bruce Moore, January 16, 2010, 12:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Moore

??? That old saying remembered from my youthful reading of the Saturday Evening Post sure explains a lot to me about what happens as time seems to compress as we grow older. The reality is that I've slowed down so much that I can't get as much accomplished in a given length of time as I used to be able to, so I have to plan my hobby activities and time much better than just going to the basement and picking up where I left off.

Has this happened to you?
Havin' fun with my HO run! dBm

jward

i either have time or money but never both.

i am primarily a railfan, so during nice weather my modelling has to take a back seat to documenting the real thing. right now, my primary push in modelling is my son. i try to work on the railroad during the week so that when i have him on the weekend there is something new on the layout.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

pdlethbridge

I just spent a couple of days at my brothers doing the finishing touches on a wiring job and a turntable install. It takes me 4-5 times longer to do something now than when I was younger and healthier. When I start I don't like to stop because it takes me a while to figure out what I'm doing and if I don't do it now, I'll have to spend time trying to refigure what I was doing. ::)

full maxx

Quote from: jward on January 16, 2010, 12:37:36 PM
i either have time or money but never both.

i am primarily a railfan, so during nice weather my modelling has to take a back seat to documenting the real thing. right now, my primary push in modelling is my son. i try to work on the railroad during the week so that when i have him on the weekend there is something new on the layout.
I just joined the boat on the weekend thing
look up FullMaxx1 on youtube or check the blog for the lastest updates  www.crumbsinmycouch.com

CNE Runner

I find that becoming a senior citizen brings some additional conditions - one of which is a firm commitment to procrastination. While I realize that "a journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step" - it becomes harder and harder to take that step! My little Monks' Island Brewery micro/small layout is taking forever - because I don't seem to commit the time to the project (...or maybe I have too many projects on the stove?).

I resolve that today I will: 1) wire the last piece of track (transfer table tail track), and 2) begin the laborious task of ballasting. [Note to the reader: this was an easy promise to make as it is raining and (for once) we have nothing on the calendar.]

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

pdlethbridge

Ray, you can do it after  you take your nap...... if you remember. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jim Banner

Ray, PD, I am glad to hear that this is normal for us old codgers. 
Have lunch. 
Decide to see what's happening on B-Man's Board before I go back to work.
Read one posting.
Type half a sentence in reply.
Close my eyes for a moment while thinking what to say next.
Wake up in time for supper.
I should only sleep so long at night.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

pdlethbridge

I thought that CN was codger central not Canadian national 8)

CNE Runner

I finished the wiring job and did some track 'tinkering'. The little Plymouth runs well through the entire layout. I was going to begin the ballasting; BUT my nap intervened...such is retirement. BTW: Jim is a lot older than I...just compare avatars (I am definitely going to regret saying that).

Cheers,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

pdlethbridge

I think Jim is older than me, I'm just 63 :'(

Jim Banner

Hey you young whipper snappers, your days will come.  One of these days you too will ask your doctor what the future holds and he will tell you "Depends."

Jim

Edited to try and get the joke right!!
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

pdlethbridge

lescar

I know what you mean about the Stroke I had one in 07 and still don't have the energy I use to.

Les
All Comments and suggestions are all ways welcome and appreciated

pdlethbridge