News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Gtrain set up

Started by sonnyjolee, January 19, 2010, 08:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonnyjolee

:( :(
I have added additional track to my G scale setup ..almost three times more..andI used the original transformer to do so but the trains wont move..I have no power to the engine..Do I need a larger transformer...to handle the increase in the layup

Please advise what to do

Chuck N

If your engine ran before adding new track it should run after.  Adding track should not cause the engine to not run. If the track was properly put together.

Check all of your track to track connections and the power strip that connects the power wires to the track.  If you have a volt meter check to see if there is power to the rails.  They are very handy for checking out problems like this and you can get an inexpensive (less than $30) one at RadioShack.

Some engines have a power switch.  Check all the switches on the engine to see if one had been shifted to cut power to the engine.

Chuck

Kevin Strong

Also, make sure you didn't add the track in such a way that it's now shorting out your power supply. The most common cause of that would be a reverse loop or wye. If you've got a volt meter with a continuity check on it (most do), take everything off the track, unhook the power supply, and put one probe on each rail. If you get a connection, you've got a short somewhere. If you have that and need help diagnosing it, sketch the track plan and post it here. If you don't have a short in the track, check everything Chuck mentioned.

Later,

K

on30gn15

Quote from: sonnyjolee on January 19, 2010, 08:42:36 AM...but the trains wont move..

Quotethe trains
- are you trying to run more than one train on the same track off the same power supply ?
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest