News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 North Star Express #205

Started by kettle valley, January 19, 2010, 07:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kettle valley

Hi All,
Maybe the B'mann or Loco Bill or anyone can help. I recently bought this engine from a shop thru E-bay. It was NOS, and came with no box or paper work,etc. He had it out on display for several years. I know it's an Annie 'cause metal siderods and all the detailing (railings, lift bars etc.) are metal as well. I know it's a 5th generation drive because of the offset bump for the drive gear. My question is any idea when it was made? Also I did not know that the Christmas colored or themed locos came as Annies.
Thanks, Randy

Loco Bill

Hi Randy,

Your 205 woodburner Annie is from the 2005 set number 90051 made by Bachamnn exclusively for Sam's Club.  It was a really nice set.  Your loco was available only in the set that is why when it is sold seperately there is never a box.  The set was a limited edition only for 2005, and was never in the catalog.

The 205 was not the first christmas themed Annie, that honor goes to the 1225 Annie, a coal burner, which was in the 2004 Sam's club set 90047 called the Wonderland Flyer.  It was a real beauty with the full metal Walshearts Valve gear.  Bachamnn later reran the Wonderland Flyer but the rerun loco had the simpler Stephenson Valve gear.  The rerun set was in the catalog starting in 2007!

Enjoy your new loco!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

kettle valley

Thanks alot Bill,
I did not know Annies were ever offered in sets let alone Christmas themed. Mine has the simple Stephenson Valve gear too.
Any idea what the sets sold for? Does not matter to me but curious tho. I am happy with my purchase for my 1st loco. ($100.00 CA) But I bet those sets were a great deal at the time.
Randy

Loco Bill

Randy,

They were a good deal,  the Sam's price for both sets was $140 each
They had 32 pieces of track and power pack as well as the cars.

Set 90047 had a gondola, boxcar and a combine and the set your loco was in, 90051 had a combine, a coach, and the 8 wheel caboose.

I bought two of the 90047 sets and one 90051 set,  The locos were all repainted to my Missouri Western RY.  The passengers cars are all in my green & gold Missouri Western.   The 8 wheel caboose was kitbashed into a shorty 8 wheel caboose, and the freight cars were repainted into boxcar red.   The track and powerpacks were all sold on Ebay and went for from $32 to $45.  The two extra combines also went on Ebay for about $30 each

I got a lot of enjoyment and equipment out of those sets and incredible value as well. 

Your Annie is a great runner for the price! The only other set with an annie is the current White Pass and Yukon set!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

kettle valley

Bill.
You sure did!!!!!!
Thanks for all the info.
Randy

Joe Satnik

Randy,

Contact me off-board at joebarb"AT"wwt"DOT"net

Thanks.

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Loco Bill

You are welcome!  I forgot to mention that set 90054 Holiday Special also has an Annie.

These sets do show up on Ebay from time to time at very reasonable prices!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

kettle valley

Bill,
Just printed off your latest list from the other thread, gives everyone a good reference from what to watch for on ebay, craigs, LHS, etc.
Last week seen a WP&Y 14 set in a store not far from me.....$380.00......OUCH!!!!!
Regards, Randy

Loco Bill

You are welcome!  If you want one real bad, check out Trainworlds Price, they have it for $210, but you wolud have to pay shipping.  If you live in the midwest Try RLD hobbies.com, using their toll free number, Robbie will usually meet the trainworld price.  I am also told Wholesale Trains has a good price.

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

kettle valley

Bill, not in the market for one right now, but will check those stores out when it's time even with international shipping it would be alot cheaper than local guy. (he also wants 10 bucks a foot for aristo brass track)
Regards Randy