Met the B-Man at the Great Train Expo

Started by jonathan, January 24, 2010, 12:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

Mr. Bach Man,

Was an honor and pleasure to finally meet you, today! 

Thanks again for providing this priceless service to all us train nuts!

Also liked watching your Thomas Layout in action, after watching the build in the photo gallery.  Looks great in person.  Some layouts photograph well, but don't look so hot up close.  You don't have that problem.  Looks high quality up close!  Great work!

Thanks again!

Jonathan

BaltoOhioRRfan

I met him in 06 and 07 at the GSMTS in Timonium MD. But Bachmann hasn't had a table there since :'( when you coming back Mr. Bach-Man?!

Once i was done buying and he wasn't busy i stopped by and chatted with him. I was there when he couldn't figure out how to pack the crane. that was a good show! haha just messing with ya Bach-Man haha.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

Tom Lapointe

Looking forward to seeing Mr. B. at the Amhearst Railway Society show in Springfield, MA.  next weekend.  ;)    Tom

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Thanks, Jon! Miss you too, Fan! See you next week, Tom!
Do I sound tired? 41,000 attendees in two days! Model railroading IS the World's Greatest Hobby!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

zachary4179

i wish u cold com to Utah  some time we do have a train show  that my club is pouting on in march it is march 6,7,and 8  at the Ogden union station but if u cant com i under stand .

jonathan

The Bachmann booth also had one of those large scale, articulated, saddle-tank locos on display.  What a beautiful beast!  Made me start searching my pockets for a spare $1200.  Wow!

Regards,

Jonathan

jsmvmd

Dear Friends,

Ditto that re Mr. B !  Met him in Pittsburgh about 3-4 years ago.  Nice guy and quite a brain !

Hazel

Tom Lapointe

QuoteThe Bachmann booth also had one of those large scale, articulated, saddle-tank locos on display.  What a beautiful beast!  Made me start searching my pockets for a spare $1200.  Wow!

Regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan, if you shop around a bit, you'll find it for considerably less than $1200.   ;)

I picked one up at the York TCA meet last fall (along with the new finescale caboose - a real work of art! :o ).

Here they both are in action - I installed a QSI sound decoder in the Mallet for both sound and DCC operation 8) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXljrPCP8V8

;)  Tom

jonathan

Tom,

Very cool video.  Love your layout.  That mallet sure is beautiful.  I was being a little cheeky about buying the loco.  It's all I can do to afford one scale.  Can't imagine starting another.   :)

Regards,

Jonathan

jsmvmd

Dear Tom,

Nicely done !

I have a few questions, if you do not  mind:

1. Is your track commercial or hand laid ?  Brass, NS, or Al ?

2. What type of power and controller do you use ?

3. Are you planning to install a Suethe smoke unit ?

4. Does the girder bridge lift off for access ?

5. What geographic area are you located ?  I ask this to see how you control weather damage.

6. Can you download a schematic of your layout ?

Best Wishes,

Jack, Altoona, PA

The Chaz Storm

I'd like to see you again sometime too Bach-man!  Any chance you are coming to Portland, Oregon again for any of the upcoming train shows? :)