News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Railfanning Fostoria, Ohio

Started by Cody J, January 24, 2010, 06:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cody J

Well that's expected with any big city. Fostoria is a relatively small city so that's why it is strange to see a small city be so horrible. It's like an organized ghetto with police and a court system.
CSX Mt. Storm Subdivision- Freemont, West Virginia

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/trainsrock96/

ABC

Detroit cannot even compare to Youngstown, last time I checked Detroit wasn't even in the top 10 in crime per capita, Youngstown is comparatively worse than Cleveland (I would know I lived in Youngstown for 20 some odd years, lived in Cleveland for 2 and went there otherwise). I've also been to Detroit it's bad too, but not as bad as Youngstown or Cleveland. Detroit does compare similarly with Youngstown in unemployment though, they were within a percent of each other a while ago (Detriot was higher).
I remember when I was about 14 I was going to a Youngstown State University game and there were several people on the streets begging for money to buy "food." I told them that I didn't have any money (which was true), but I offered them some grapes and half of my submarine sandwich, but all 5 men declined. Then in Cleveland on my way back to the parking deck from an Indians game, there was a man begging for money food and they happened to be handing out free hot dogs outside the gates after the game, so I told him he could go there and get some free hot dogs (he declined), I said I go bring him one he said, "No thanks sonny." Speaking of dangerous places in northeast Ohio, several of my friends were mugged in Akron, one of which was mugged later that year in Youngstown and shot and killed on his way to the public library downtown (he had to walk).

Michigan Railfan

Quote from: trainsrock on February 02, 2010, 04:12:29 PM
Well that's expected with any big city. Fostoria is a relatively small city so that's why it is strange to see a small city be so horrible. It's like an organized ghetto with police and a court system.

It is kinda strange to see such a small city be so horrible. It's not everyday you see a place as small as that be so bad.

Quote from: ABC on February 02, 2010, 04:15:44 PM
Detroit cannot even compare to Youngstown, last time I checked Detroit wasn't even in the top 10 in crime per capita, Youngstown is comparatively worse than Cleveland (I would know I lived in Youngstown for 20 some odd years, lived in Cleveland for 2 and went there otherwise). I've also been to Detroit it's bad too, but not as bad as Youngstown or Cleveland. Detroit does compare similarly with Youngstown in unemployment though, they were within a percent of each other a while ago (Detriot was higher).
I remember when I was about 14 I was going to a Youngstown State University game and there were several people on the streets begging for money to buy "food." I told them that I didn't have any money (which was true), but I offered them some grapes and half of my submarine sandwich, but all 5 men declined. Then in Cleveland on my way back to the parking deck from an Indians game, there was a man begging for money food and they happened to be handing out free hot dogs outside the gates after the game, so I told him he could go there and get some free hot dogs (he declined), I said I go bring him one he said, "No thanks sonny." Speaking of dangerous places in northeast Ohio, several of my friends were mugged in Akron, one of which was mugged later that year in Youngstown and shot and killed on his way to the public library downtown (he had to walk).
Wow. I did'nt realize how bad other places can be. I thought Detroit was bad, but after what you said, I see that there is much, much worse places than Detroit. Detroit is a very bad place, but obviously there's much worse places than it.

BTW, (off topic, but) the new modify thing is cool. Just press the icon that has the pencil and paper on one of your own posts, and you can modify it right there, without going to the post reply screen.