bachmann spectrum 4-4-0: can it run without DCC?

Started by lou63, April 28, 2007, 11:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lou63

i would love to buy one of bachmann spectrum's 4-4-0's but would love to remove the DCC board so it could run with my other DC equipped steam and diesel locomotives. if i removed the DCC board would their 4-4-0 run just fine? if its possible to remove the board is it possible to remove it?

Jake

You don't need to take out the entire board, just remove the decoder, and insert the jumper plugs supplied and *POOF* it is a DC powered engine. Or you can just leave the decoder in, Bachmann decoders are set to run on dc power if not being used on a DCC layout.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

rikc9

Quote from: lou63 on April 28, 2007, 11:41:03 AM
i would love to buy one of bachmann spectrum's 4-4-0's but would love to remove the DCC board so it could run with my other DC equipped steam and diesel locomotives. if i removed the DCC board would their 4-4-0 run just fine? if its possible to remove the board is it possible to remove it?
I have one and it can run on DC with no modification. Do a Goolge search for spectrum ho 4-4-0 dcc.
You can one for $140 to $150. Shop around.
If you want a engine with sound that will run on DC, get a HO Roundhouse/Model Die Casting 4-4-0. The engine comes with a remote so you can have sound on a DC only layout.
Those are around $160. I have one also.
I plan to buy a HO Roundhouse 2-6-0 that is being released this week. It too is able to run on a DC only layout with a remoter control for sound.
Cabbose Hobbies has it but under Model Die Casting, not Roundhouse. I think it is about $160.

rikc9