News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Engines

Started by tlnibert, January 27, 2010, 02:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlnibert

Mr Bachmann do you hear anything about new engines on the drawing board.
Sierra No. 3 would be a great engine.
Tom
Huntington WV

vic

Ya wont get an answer here, B'mann holds their cards close to the chest when it comes to new releases, likely wont get anything official announced till either the NY train show or the NMRA convention.

Personally, I'm going to say something I honestly thought I would never say in my life....

I hope they issue some more Thomas large scale items.

I have successfully De-Thomased the two LS engines back to reasonable British profile engines and am looking forward to actually building a true English style layout running the stuff

calenelson

Vic, I'll echo your sediment, and add to it whatever comes; the Thomas price point is a great place to land...  :o The Forney is WAY outta our reach  :o ....

Dave

Vic, The Reverent will be turning in his grave.

Cheers

Dave .

Hamish K

Quote from: Dave on January 28, 2010, 04:57:01 PM
Vic, The Reverent will be turning in his grave.

Cheers

Dave .

Actually the Rev would approve of  Vic. The Rev. Awdrey was a keen a modeller and made his models realistic, and without faces, he complained about some of the illustrations in the books as they were not realistic depictions of the prototypes. He would have objected to the TV/video series as the locos are not good representations of the prototype.

I don't blame Bachmann for following the TV look, that is where the market is, but it would be nice if future models could be easily converted to near prototype appearance.

Hamish

JerryB

Quote from: tlnibert on January 27, 2010, 02:18:23 PM
Mr Bachmann do you hear anything about new engines on the drawing board.
Sierra No. 3 would be a great engine for narrow guage.
Tom
Huntington WV
How can the Sierra RR #3 ". . . be a great engine for narrow gauge" when it is a standard gauge locomotive?

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

R. J. Raleigh

Give me a C-16...or even a T-12.

calenelson

Dave

How about a Johnston 16 Wheeler.

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: vic on January 28, 2010, 10:43:19 AM
I hope they issue some more Thomas large scale items.

Both the HO and Large scale Thomas ranges are getting announcements.  I'm gonna assume that the next engine we are gonna get is James (Since it seems almost obvious he is coming out next).  Don't know who else would come out with him.  Maybe Toby...? Rolling stock though, I have no idea what could happen with that in all honesty. :P

Personally I'd like to see Bertie and Harold be made for the large scale Thomas range, unlikely, but I'd like to see it happen. :)

vic

Quote from: Dave on January 29, 2010, 02:42:23 AM
How about a Johnston 16 Wheeler.

...or a Price 16wheeler? ;D

Dave

Now that is nice Vic. They were made in Thames, about 30 mins drive from my place. Company is still going but sadly, not making Locomotives.

Dave

tlnibert

Sorry, Jerry, I didn't know or just wasn't thinking
tom

scvngman

I heard this rumor at the SW garden Railroad show last October in Pomona, CA. Now don't hold me to this but the next engine is going to be..............are you ready?  An UPGRADE of the CLIMAX!

CCSII