News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ET&WNC trailer on a flat car

Started by andyb, January 29, 2010, 04:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyb

I have managed to acquire a Big Hauler ET&WNC Trailer on a Flat Car #98320 and was wondering if anyone can recommend a suitable tractor unit to go with it?

Haven't actually received it yet but I've made the assumption that you can take the trailer off the flatcar....

Regards

Andy

Loco Bill

Yes the trailer can be removed, but I know of no suitable tractor for it I have been looking for some time.
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Jon D. Miller

As Bill says the trailers can be removed.  They are held in place by the trailer tow pin.

I've been looking for a tractor since the TOFC were first introduced, with no luck. Can't find the correct scale or era.  The tractors could be mid 1930s the period these cars were in service.

A little detailing of the trailers makes them a nice load for the flat cars. Books published relating history of the ET&WNC will have pictures that can be used for adding detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ccJZvSGcg

Short video of these TOFC along with some drop bottom coal cars.

If you should come across tractors that could be used please let us know.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

armorsmith

Andyb, etal

Here is a link to a page full of old truck pictures, this may help locate something that might work.

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/trucks.htm

Bob C.

andyb

Thanks for all the replies and the useful pointers. I shall keep an eye out and of course let you know

JD - nice vid and I do like the weathered versions - what did you use?

Bob - nice resource - I guess we need to know what make of tractor unit the ET&WNC actually used.

Can anyone help with that?

Andy

NarrowMinded

I think your best bet to find a truck for the years you are modeling is to Kit bash a fire truck model, there are tons of fire truck models from many years but very few "Semi" models.

NM

andyb

That's an interesting idea, NM - I wouldn't have thought of that.

The TOFC has arrived and is looking good - although I have to say that my eye was immediately drawn to the tyres on the trailer - will have to do something to make them look less 'plasticky'.

Otherwise very pleased in what is, I think, a very interesting piece of kit. Shame it's no longer in production....

Andy