converting my 81180 shay to onboard battery

Started by katieed, January 29, 2010, 03:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katieed

i am planning on converting my shay from track power to onboard power by way of using a box car to house the battery.  i plan to add remote and sound at the same time.  i have been talking to st. aubin, possibly getting them to do the work. 

any suggestions or comments
thanks,
ed

TJ-Lee

If you are thinking of having someone do the work for you then, if it were me, I'd immediately contact Dave Goodson, nwrcs@mindspring.com, and have him do the work. You'll get top quality, and customer service that cannot be beat.

Best,
TJ

tac

Quote from: TJ-Lee on January 29, 2010, 04:20:26 PM
If you are thinking of having someone do the work for you then, if it were me, I'd immediately contact Dave Goodson, nwrcs@mindspring.com, and have him do the work. You'll get top quality, and customer service that cannot be beat.
Best,
TJ

I second that recommendation, particularly if you live on the west coast.  Dave is THE Man.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

calenelson

Another Nod for Dave at NWRCS, a gentleman and scholar!  I'd also highly recommend his product line of RCS remote control-there are many on this board, us included, that use this line with great results!...He can install for you or sell you all you would need (and then some!)

his website is www.nwrcs.net

best!

Cale

edit: I am in SC and purchase ALL of my gear from Dave

tac

Quote from: calenelson on January 29, 2010, 07:26:35 PM
Another Nod for Dave at NWRCS, a gentleman and scholar!  I'd also highly recommend his product line of RCS remote control-there are many on this board, us included, that use this line with great results!...He can install for you or sell you all you would need (and then some!)

his website is www.nwrcs.net

best!

Cale

edit: I am in SC and purchase ALL of my gear from Dave

Cale, just a proviso there - The RCS product line is made in Australia by our good friend and all-round bon oeuf, Tony Walsham.  On the IPPW we run nothing else - usually sixteen trains at a time.  See our site after my signature...

tac
www.ovgrs.org

calenelson

Tac,

spot-on...not "his line" of products, but the only product line of control he (Dave) carries...Had my LGB #50 out this am pushing ice/snow on the line while my son controlled with his very own TX-24  ;D